none
error at the end of the installing sharepoint foundation 2010

Question

• hi friends , how are you.

i am new to windows sharepoint foundation 2010. a tries to install it on a clean win 2008 R2 Sp1 server.  i downloaded and installed all prerequisits ( containig SQL server 2008 R2 Express).  SPF 2010 continued to install but at the end of the instalation it showed this error messege :

Microsoft SharePoint server 2010 encountered an error during setup. One or more required office components failed to complete successfully

i have not installed any office 2007 or 2010.

can anyone help me what is the problem ?  where are the log files related to SPF 2010 to view ?

thanks in advance

• Moved by Lhan HanModerator Monday, March 05, 2012 3:44 AM sp2010 (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Saturday, March 03, 2012 10:49 PM

Answers

• hi bluesky.  thanks

i found a solution.  i installed office 2010 x64 and that solved the problem

Sunday, March 04, 2012 7:03 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

Have you restarted the Server after installing the prerequisites? I saw many time though Windows automatically do not restart after the prerequisites install - you encounter wierd errors during installation. Usually I find once you restart and try the SharePoint installation after things work ok. May worth to give this trick a shot. :-)

As for the log files - here is the path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS.

Hope this helps and good luck!

BlueSky2010
    Please help and appreciate others by using these features: "Propose As Answer", "Vote As Helpful" and "Mark As Answer"

Sunday, March 04, 2012 4:02 AM
  • Hi John,

Have you restarted the Server after installing the prerequisites? I saw many time though Windows automatically do not restart after the prerequisites install - you encounter wierd errors during installation. Usually I find once you restart and try the SharePoint installation after things work ok. May worth to give this trick a shot. :-)

As for the log files - here is the path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS.

Hope this helps and good luck!

BlueSky2010
    Please help and appreciate others by using these features: "Propose As Answer", "Vote As Helpful" and "Mark As Answer"

hi BlueSky

thanks for reply but none of the solutions worked.  i  restarted the server but again at the end of the SPF installation the same error rises.

also there is no log file in this path  :    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS.      any    other solution please 

Sunday, March 04, 2012 5:15 AM
  • Have you checked these threads?

http://davidlimsharepoint.blogspot.com/2010/08/microsoft-sharepoint-server-2010.html

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010general/thread/5195e392-06ca-47bc-aa3b-0fab2564dc46/

BlueSky2010

Sunday, March 04, 2012 2:39 PM
  • hi bluesky.  thanks

i found a solution.  i installed office 2010 x64 and that solved the problem

Sunday, March 04, 2012 7:03 PM