none
Sharepoint Search Error

Question

• I have a share point server that has all the search services running but displays the error below

Internal Server Error exception:

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Sharepoint Foundation, then it gives a correlation ID.

Funny enough if the search service application is deleted from the managed services section under Central Administration, the search returns the searchlayout aspx page with no refinement and indicates that the service is not found.

What could be the possible problem and solution to this problem, thanks.

Saturday, March 24, 2012 11:20 AM

Answers

• Hello Samesa,

From my understanding of the issue. You have set up a Search Service Application and when you go to manage on the search service application, you get the error :

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Sharepoint Foundation, then it gives a correlation ID.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

+ Please have a look at the 14 hive folder for sharepoint logs when you reproduce this error and filter on the correlation id. What does the error say? Also please have a look at the event logs.

Thanks!

Regards,

Shruti

• Marked as answer by Shruti-MSFT Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:34 PM
    Friday, March 30, 2012 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Samesa,

Could you find more error information from Event Viewer or 12/LOGS folder ?

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 30, 2012 6:45 AM
  • Hello Samesa,

From my understanding of the issue. You have set up a Search Service Application and when you go to manage on the search service application, you get the error :

Please correct me if I am wrong.

+ Please have a look at the 14 hive folder for sharepoint logs when you reproduce this error and filter on the correlation id. What does the error say? Also please have a look at the event logs.

Thanks!

Regards,

Shruti

• Marked as answer by Shruti-MSFT Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:34 PM
    Friday, March 30, 2012 3:27 PM