none
How to update infopath form data after submit to form library

Question

• Hello,

I have a created a form library and submit the form. After i submit to form library i want to update some data on the form. I have inserted custom button below the form and set action as update from its properteis but it does not update the data.

How can i update the InfoPath 2010 form data after submitted to form library ?????

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:45 AM

All replies

• I just checked whether we could update the fields using workflow. But unfortunately workflows do not identify mapped fields of Infopath.

Even event receivers cannot work on data in Infopath forms.

So, I think I will delete my previous post.

Regards, Huzefa Mala, MCTS

Thursday, March 22, 2012 3:26 PM
  • I thought you could promote some of the fields in the InfoPath form as site columns. After that  you should be able to modify them in the workflow.

Or even better, if you have the "Allow users to edit data in this field by using a datasheet or properties page" checked on, you can allow modifications your fields using OOTB SharePoint datasheet or property function.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:16 PM
  • "Allow users to edit data in this field by using a datasheet or properties page" provides the column in the workflow and it can be updated from the workflow associated with the form library then.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:59 PM
  • Hello,

I am sorry to write question here as this thread has been solved. I tried your solution but failed. Can you please provide me the code that will use in workflow to update an infopath form field, thanks.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:21 PM
  • Marreena,

I had tried using the fields in a designer workflow and could successfully use them after promoting them in the infopath form. And if all you are trying to do is update fields then you can achieve it through deisgner workflow.

Where are you getting stuck?

Please mark the post that answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:42 PM
  • Thanks for the reply,

Actually, when i create an InfoPath form we see a default SAVE button on top left corner on the ribbon this button exactly does update the form if we change any field when press this button. I exactly need to do the same thing in custom button.

Thanks in advance.

Friday, March 30, 2012 3:59 AM
  • Refer this post for help with custom button creation in infopath.

Please mark the post that answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.

Saturday, March 31, 2012 8:30 PM
  • Thanks for the reply,

Can you explain little more that how can i update infopath form by using workflow which is created in visual stuido. and the other situation which i explain in my previous thread that (we see a default SAVE button on top left corner on the ribbon this button exactly does update the form if we change any field when press this button. I exactly need to do the same thing in custom button), Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by Huzefa Mala Monday, April 02, 2012 3:09 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Huzefa Mala Monday, April 02, 2012 3:09 PM
    Monday, April 02, 2012 4:52 AM
  • Was the post that I shared previously not helpful?

Also, once you promote your fields in Infopath, you can update them in the workflow as you would update any other column of your library/list. Are you not able to that?

Monday, April 02, 2012 3:12 PM