none
Unable to upload multiple documents to a new document library in SharePoint 2010 'OK' button not working

Question

• I have done a SharePoint 2010 Upgrade from 2007 using the backup and attach content database method. After upgrading the content database and attaching it to our SP 2010 web application we found that we cannot upload multiple files in a new document library. The 'OK' button does not do anything when it is clicked. This is the same issue that happened in 2007, which the 'hot fix' fixed.

Steps:

In SharePoint 2010 using the previous UI and a SharePoint team sites site collection.

Create a new document library (Only happens if it is a new document library. If it is an old document library the 'OK' button work as desired).

In the documement library; Upload; Upload Multiple Documents.

The active x upload control loads with a document tree where I can choose files to upload and I select a file.

When I click the 'OK' button, nothing happens. The cancel button works but the 'OK' button does not.

Has anyone else seen this in SharePoint 2010 using the previous UI?

In the 2007 environment I am able to upload multiple documents correctly. This happens on multiple machines and Office 2007 is installed on the client machines.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:48 PM

All replies

• I am experiencing this also... Weird issue. If you add a folder to the doc library it gives you the target folder selection in the upload page. In this case the multiple upload works.

Anyway, the only way I could get around this was to remove the CustomUploadPage property "/_layouts/UploadEx.aspx" in the Web. This allows you to upload multiple. But the drawback to this is that it doesn't help you do a force checkout when you try to overwrite existing files. You could write an event on site creation to make this adjustment.

Thursday, April 07, 2011 8:17 PM
  • We also upgrade our SharePoint 2010 from 2007. We are facing same issue for uploading multiple files to document library. It gives following error

Cannot run Microsoft SharePoint Foundation on this page: https://sp2010/hr/Forms/Upload.aspx

I am not sure is it because of HTTPS protocol? please post info if you have solution....

There is solution posted on blog http://sharepoint-guru.blogspot.com/2011/05/problem-with-uploading-multiple.html

but I am not sure how to set or where to set "Use Remote Interfaces" and "Use Client Integration Features"? please let me know how to set these permission levels

• Edited by YECMOSS Thursday, July 07, 2011 5:03 PM more info
    Thursday, July 07, 2011 4:59 PM
  • I'm seeing this problem sometimes too - If I convert the site to the 2010 UI, the multiple upload feature works fine. if I then convert it back to the 2007 UI, the problem re-appears.

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 3:23 PM