none
Windows Search 4.0: is there any MOSS integration?

All replies

•  

I did not see information regarding a direct integration of Windows Desktop Search integrating with SharePoint on the link you listed. Desktop search can index and search public exchange folders, local and remote fileshares but not SharePoint. The site talks about "Windows Search" which is the combination of technologies that can search multiple platforms which include Desktop search, SharePoint search and Windows Live.
    Saturday, March 29, 2008 3:35 AM
  • yes... it's exactly what's I'm looking for...

but... how????

how to setup the desktop computer to display results from the desktop search, sahrepoint search and windows live results in the same result page?

today the only option available run the search query by opening the browser and running the search in sharepoint which is NOT an integrated search system.

I want to see all the results in 1 place only.

I don't want to index sharepoint content using the desktop search, everything is already indexed in sharepoint.

Saturday, March 29, 2008 12:33 PM
  • I came across your post when I was trying to figure it out...it couldn't be more easy:

Start the Microsoft Management Console:

Click Start, and then Run.

In the Open field, enter gpedit.msc and then press ENTER.

Navigate to Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search.

Apply policies as your organization requires.

Close gpedit.msc.

In my case I did the above from my local machine.  See this link for more details: http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/library/2eab146a-8516-4b95-b73c-ca7f980ba2331033.mspx?mfr=true
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 6:05 AM