none
SharePoint stress test tool

Question

• Hi,

I need to do stress testing of my SharePoint 2007 production server beflore GO LIVE as required by my client. After searching the net, found the resources like Test Data Population Tool, ACT to Test Performance and Scalability, Visual Studio Team Suite 2008 and Visual Round Trip Analyzer etc,

But I need a third party tool for the stress testing. Is there any 3rd party tool (Not a FREE one)?

Regards
    Sanra

Monday, April 26, 2010 9:54 AM

Answers

• You could try HP Loadrunner.  We did all of our SharePoint sites stress testing through Loadrunner.  You can the evaluation version and decide later.  It is not a very cheap option though.

http://www.softwaretestingnet.com/2010/01/hp-loadrunner-95-evaluation-version.html

Regards

Ranga

• Marked as answer by sanra Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:58 AM
    Monday, April 26, 2010 11:44 AM

All replies

• You could try HP Loadrunner.  We did all of our SharePoint sites stress testing through Loadrunner.  You can the evaluation version and decide later.  It is not a very cheap option though.

http://www.softwaretestingnet.com/2010/01/hp-loadrunner-95-evaluation-version.html

Regards

Ranga

• Marked as answer by sanra Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:58 AM
    Monday, April 26, 2010 11:44 AM
  • Snra

SP Test Data Population Tool from Codeplex:

The SharePoint 2007 Test Data Population Tool (WSSDW.exe) is a capacity planning and performance testing tool that populates data for testing SharePoint deployments. The SharePoint 2007 Test Data Population Tool is available as a command-line executable program that extracts information about how to populate the server from an XML configuration file, and calls Microsoft .NET assembly: WSSDWLib.dll. The tool is explained in the article, Plan capacity by using the SharePoint 2007 Test Data Population Tool.

Use this tool to populate test data for SharePoint capacity planning. Also included are some sample test scripts that can be used for performance and load testing SharePoint and Excel Services with the test data. These tools are being provided as is and there is no ongoing support for these tools. Please send email to sptdata@microsoft.com with feedback.

Also check out crossbow:

This is a c# console application that can fire http GET or POST requests (with variables) to a web site. It is multithreaded and uses asynch WebRequests. The GET and POST variables can come from a text file to simulate differing requests as well as from the app.config. The user can define the number of threads, the wait between hits and the request timeout.

Last but certainly not least, check out Stress Testing Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007/Windows SharePoint Services 3.0

Kanwal SharePoint Buzz
    Monday, April 26, 2010 7:34 PM
  • Hello,

I have created a claims based sharepoint 2010 application , can i use

SP Test Data Population Tool   or hp load runner

I tried to test using the vs 2010 web performance tests but its throwing errors for claims based application

seema sharma

Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:38 AM