none
"The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest" when creating site collection in UI

Question

• Hi,
         I want to create a top level site so i want to choose start->Administrative tools->Sharepoint 3.0 central administration. On the central administration home page, click application management at the top on the page, and then, on the application management page, under sharepoint site management, click create site collection to create new site, but it will display

"The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131018)"

Thanks and Regards
    Ramesh.S
    Ramesh
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, January 04, 2009 11:06 AM Subject changed - "Regarding Assembly" didn't give a good picture of the problem
    Saturday, January 03, 2009 6:58 PM

Answers

• The quickest and easiest way to fix this is probably to remove SharePoint from the web application and then add it back.  You can do that from within central administration.  If that doesn't help I would start looking at the logs to see if there was a problem with the install or if it reports another error from when you tried to create the site.
    Saturday, January 03, 2009 9:46 PM