none
Bulk printing of Infopath form

Question

• I am following the link below to edit the webpart and add jquery to bulk print infopath form from a Sharepoint library.

https://www.nothingbutsharepoint.com/sites/eusp/Pages/jquery-for-everyone-print-any-web-part.aspx

However I am unable to follow some parts of the process. Do I include the jquery in the source editor of HTML Web Part?

Where is this?There is no Source button in the tool pane, you need to click the web part to edit the text, select the HTML dropdown > Edit HTML source.

Where is this? You can now click the little icon (or you can modify the JS to insert a button to say 'Print Form') and the HTML of the web part opens in a printable window.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you add a Content Editor Web Part, then Edit Web Part, click inside the web part, and the ribbon should change. On the right end of the ribbon you should see a section called Markup. Click HTML > Edit HTML Source. Paste your code in there
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 8:03 PM
  • There are advantages using the Form web part. Edit the web part and you will see a button "Source". Press the button and replace the code inside.

Blog: Married to SharePoint Twitter: @SPNiax

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:04 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestion, I was experimenting on Default Display Form and  added SQL Server Reporting webpart  and now I am in trouble goes into the error page and now do not know what to do? What is the difference between Default Display Form and Default Edit Form?
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:06 PM
  • If you add this "?contents=1" after your URL you get to the "Web part maintenance page" there you could delete the web part that is causing you the trouble.

Default display form is the view of the item you get when you click it, this is the "displayform.aspx". When you choose to edit the item you will open the default "editform.aspx".

Try turning off "Launch form in dialog?" in the advanced settings of the list, then you will see the URL.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:41 PM
  • Hi Niax,

The url to my display form  and that is where I get the error message and I could not launch the displayform.aspx page

is http://test/SL/Parent%20Travel%20Permission/Forms/DispForm.aspx?DisplayMode=Design&InitialTabId=Ribbon%2EWebPartPage&VisibilityContext=WSSWebPartPage&Source=http%3A%2 %2Ftest%2Etest%2Etest%2FSL%2FParent%2520Travel%2520Permission%2FForms%2FAllItems%2Easpx

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:26 PM
  • Ok, so what happens if you go to the list, choose the List-tab in the ribbon and then in the section "Customize list" choose the drop-down and "Default display form"?

This should give you the dispform.aspx in an edit mode.

Otherwise the only way I can think of to fix this is in SPD.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:44 PM
  • Hello!

The form is in the library and not list so I can open a list but editing that will not help.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:58 PM
  • In the library you also got a "Customize library" section and in that section a drop-down "Form Web Parts". What happens when you choose "Default Display Form" in that drop-down?

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:11 PM
  • Hello!

In the library I do not have Customize library, but I have Form Web Parts and when I drop down to Default Display form goes in the above shown error page.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:50 PM
  • Then I would open up the page in SharePoint designer and remove the code.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:48 AM