none
How to pass multiple query string values using the same parameter in Query String (URL) Filter Web Part

Question

• Hi,
    I want to pass multiple query string values using the same parameter in Query String (URL) Filter Web Part like mentioned below:

http://server/pages/Default.aspx?Title=Arup&Title=Ratan

But it always return those items whose "Title" value is "Arup". It is not returned any items whose "Title" is "Ratan".
    I have followed the

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointserver/HA102509991033.aspx#1

Please suggest me.

Thanks | Arup

THanks! Arup R(MCTS) SucCeSS DoEs NOT MatTer.
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:40 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - Design and Customization (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 2:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In your query string web part properties, under "Advanced Filter Options" there is a setting for handling multiple values.

Do you have this set to "Send All Values" instead of the default "Send only first value"?

Paul.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:01 AM
  • Yes Paul, I have set "Send All Values". Can you please guide or suggest to solve this problem?

Thanks | Arup
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 5:27 AM

• Actually I have a custom list i.e. "AuthorList" which has column "Title". "AuthorList" contains 20 items. Title of 10 items is "Arup" and 5 of them is "Ratan" and rest of that is "Biswas".

I want to filter out using "Query String (URL) Filter Web Part" and get result those items whose Title is "Arup" & "Ratan".

I have tried with the URL but it retruns only those items whose Title is "Arup"

http://server/pages/Default.aspx?Title=Arup&Title=Ratan

Please help me to solve the problem.

Thanks | Arup
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 5:36 AM
  • Well... that was my suggestion! But I'll have a play around with it and see what I can find :-)

What are you sending the values to?
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 5:37 AM
  • Hi Paul,

I have set "Send All Values" in Advanced Filter Options. But still it return same result.
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 6:10 AM
  • To be honest, I'm not sure you will be able to do this with the query string filters. I don't think the issue is with the filter web part, but more with the ListViewWebPart not being able to use multiple values to filter on a single column using "Or" logic.

Unless someone else has a better idea, you might be stuck with just filtering on a single value at a time.

Have you tried creating a view on your list which has filters using or logic?
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 2:20 PM
  • Thanks for quick response ...Well I need dynamic filtration so do you really think dynamic filtration is possible creating views?

Can I achieve converting into XSLT using SPD?

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 5:49 PM
  • Not sure... It would be way easier to just filter on one Title at a time!!

Maybe someone else will have an idea, but I'm fresh out (unless you want to do some custom development)
    • Edited by Paul Lucas Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:18 PM
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 5:54 PM
  • thanks Paul..
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 6:07 PM
  • Did you find a way around this?
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 10:32 PM
  • Hi Arup,

I think this is a bug. I tried it but no luck !

Let me know if you get something on this.

Ashish Mishra MCTS, MCPD in SharePoint 2010

Monday, May 21, 2012 1:57 PM
  • I two have been trying to get this too work.

I have even tried adding a second webpart to the page to pass in the second value and I recieve a correlation ID error. I too think this is a bug and will be reporting it.

Friday, July 13, 2012 8:43 PM
  • Workaround is to use a calculated field for the OR logic, and then filter on the calculated field.
    Wednesday, October 02, 2013 12:53 PM