none
The requested service, 'http://localhost:32843/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc/actas' could not be activated

Question

• The service account that runs the application pools was accidently deleted in Active Directory.  Once I noticed this I had the account recreated with the same name and password.  But now the sites that use claims auth do not work (central admin works).  When I look in the ULS logs I get this error.  An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: The requested service, 'http://localhost:32843/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc/actas' could not be activated. See the server's diagnostic trace logs for more information..

The secure Token Service app sys its started in Central Admin, but when I go to the  Secure Store Service app I get this error.

Cannot complete this action as the Secure Store Shared Service is not responding. Please contact your administrator

When I go to a site using Claims Auth I get this error in the browser

The farm is unavailable.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The farm is unavailable.
    Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: The farm is unavailable.]

Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.Claims.SPSecurityTokenServiceManager.get_Local() +24625852

Microsoft.SharePoint.IdentityModel.SPTokenCache..ctor() +34

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]

System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0

System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache) +146

System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache) +298

System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +79

System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +10366555

System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture) +28

Microsoft.IdentityModel.Configuration.CustomTypeElement.Resolve(CustomTypeElement customTypeElement, Object[] arguments) +908

[ConfigurationErrorsException: ID0012: Failed to create an instance of 'Microsoft.SharePoint.IdentityModel.SPTokenCache, Microsoft.SharePoint.IdentityModel, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' from configuration.]

Microsoft.IdentityModel.Configuration.CustomTypeElement.Resolve(CustomTypeElement customTypeElement, Object[] arguments) +1368837

Microsoft.IdentityModel.Configuration.ServiceConfiguration.LoadHandlers(ServiceElement serviceElement) +1160

Microsoft.IdentityModel.Configuration.ServiceConfiguration.LoadConfiguration(ServiceElement element) +843

Microsoft.IdentityModel.Configuration.ServiceConfiguration..ctor() +317

Microsoft.IdentityModel.Web.FederatedAuthentication.get_ServiceConfiguration() +120

Microsoft.IdentityModel.Web.HttpModuleBase.Init(HttpApplication context) +17

System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +480

System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +336

System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +350

System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +382

[HttpException (0x80004005): ID0012: Failed to create an instance of 'Microsoft.SharePoint.IdentityModel.SPTokenCache, Microsoft.SharePoint.IdentityModel, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' from configuration.]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +11335894

System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +88

System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +4355316

Any Ideas what could be causing this?  Must I recreate one of the service apps??

The SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool in IIS is running and the enable 32bit apps is set to false on the app pool.  I have also reset IIS many times.

Any help would be appreciated

Thursday, July 05, 2012 6:01 PM

Answers

All replies