none
Get "Column '_dlc_Exempt' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user" error when deleting a record in SharePoint 2010Records Centre

Question

• I get this error when attempting to delete a record in SharePoint 2010 Records Centre:

Column '_dlc_Exempt' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user

I figured this '_dlc_Exempt" must be a hidden field for the "Compliance Detail".  There is a problem with "Compliance Detail" when I select it, I got error message with no specifics. But I need to delete that records in order to re-set the content type association.

Does anyone know how to clear that issue?

Thanks in advance!

Friday, August 03, 2012 7:43 PM

Answers

• It turned out that this was due to the fact the parent content type of the associated content type with the library has "Enable Retention" unchecked in its Information Management Policy. The system tries to generate a value for "Exemption Status" column for "Compliance Details": exempt or not exempt, but cannot find it has a Retention policy. 

The issue has been resolved by enabling the retention in the parent content type and re-publish the associated content type.

• Marked as answer by QuickLaunch Monday, August 06, 2012 5:23 PM
    Monday, August 06, 2012 5:22 PM