none
How to move or duplicate 'add item' link in library

Question

• I've got a library with a customized InfoPath form - - as the library entries grow, the 'Add an item' link gets further and further down the page.

Is there any way to move it above the library, or to the quick launch bar?

(looking for ideas on how to move it)

Monday, February 14, 2011 6:20 PM

All replies

• In sharepoint designer you can change the location of the add an item link to wherever you want within the list table display. You can also just direct users to the ribbon for that functionality too.
    Monday, February 14, 2011 7:02 PM
  • In sharepoint designer you can change the location of the add an item link to wherever you want within the list table display. You can also just direct users to the ribbon for that functionality too.

Where/How?

I can't find where or how to do this in SPD 2010

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:03 PM

Where/How?

I can't find where or how to do this in SPD 2010

Open Site > All Files > select list/library > forms > open up the specific page you want to edit ie. AllItems.aspx

From here you'll open up a split design view that lets you edit the XSLT backend of the display directly.

Select the table, and go to the List View Tools > Design tab

Toolbar Options > Full Toolbar

You can tweak the style to however you want from here, to be the full toolbar, or just the add/new button :)

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:26 PM