none
The object was not found. error while crawling sps3://my.domainname.com

    Question

  • Hello Everyone,

    I am getting "The object was not found" error while crawling sps3://my.domainname.com.

    All other url with http:// are getting crawled and able to get search results.

    Error message in ULS logs -- FLTRDMN: Errorinfo is "HttpStatusCode NotFound The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found."  [fltrsink.cxx:553]  d:\office\source\search\native\mssdmn\fltrsink.cxx 
    04/28/2011 12:52:06.95  mssearch.exe (0x0DFC)                    0x0A4C SharePoint Server Search       Gatherer                       cd11 Warning  The start address sps3://my.domainname.com cannot be crawled.  Context: Application 'Search_Service_Application', Catalog 'Portal_Content'  Details:  The object was not found.   (0x80041201)

    I have tried by adding sps3://netbiosname in content sourses and it still gave same error message.

    Appreciate your suggestion on this problem

     Regards

    Amit

     

    Monday, May 02, 2011 7:59 AM

Answers

  • If you have crawl rules, make sure that you include the *:// or the sps3://

    Also make sure the port for sps3 soap calls are open.

    The search service account, if you are running a proxy then will need to log in as the service account and disable proxy or at least make sure that account can access the url.  if not first thing to test is put an entry in the host file to test.

     

    HTH


    Nada
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:07 PM

All replies

  • Sorry forgot to mention -- it is SharePoint 2010.

    Amit

    Monday, May 02, 2011 8:00 AM
  • Hi Amit,

     

    try to run full crawl for "my-sites" contents.

     

    Regards,

    Monday, May 02, 2011 12:43 PM
  • Hello Kooki,

    I am able to run crawl for the url starting with Http://  and also getting search results from these url's.

    Only problem is with mysite URL starting with SPS3://

    Regards

    Amit

     

    Tuesday, May 03, 2011 8:44 AM
  • Any suggestion on this problem ?

    Regards

    Amit

    Thursday, May 05, 2011 2:45 PM
  • Amit,

    The problem is that you are using ssl. Be sure to use SPS3S:// instead of SPS3://

     

    Chris

    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:20 PM
  • If you have crawl rules, make sure that you include the *:// or the sps3://

    Also make sure the port for sps3 soap calls are open.

    The search service account, if you are running a proxy then will need to log in as the service account and disable proxy or at least make sure that account can access the url.  if not first thing to test is put an entry in the host file to test.

     

    HTH


    Nada
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:07 PM
  • I didn't know you had to use SPS3S for SSL, thank you for stating this!

    Monday, August 19, 2013 10:47 PM