none
add mega menu to a sharepoint 2010 site

Answers

• Hi,

Both links are different. Your link is indicating to dataview webpart to provide menu for list. If you want to go with your link then you will need to modify your page (list page or any site page) in designer then you will need to add a dataview webpart. Then you can open dataview webpart xsl file to implement above approach.

In my link, there is static mega menu, which can be implemented in your site master page. For this, You need to modify your master page in sharepoint designer then you can provide links and related style. For style you can use default style sheet.

Hope it could help

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

• Marked as answer by Semika Monday, December 31, 2012 11:52 PM
    Wednesday, December 26, 2012 4:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

See below blog to add mega menu using ajax or JS:

http://www.nothingbutbranding.com/blog/2012/august/mega-menu-dropdown-sharepoint

Hope it could help

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Monday, December 24, 2012 7:17 AM
  • Thank you very much but I do not know where to add it to my master page.

I also saw the following article 

http://www.teylyn.com/articles/sharepoint-articles/sharepoint-mega-menu-from-a-dvwp-and-a-list/

and would love to have my menu items pulled from the list

But was not able to implement either one of them.

Please can you guide me where to put the code you mentioned above in the master page and can you guide me to implement what is mentioned in the following link

http://www.teylyn.com/articles/sharepoint-articles/sharepoint-mega-menu-from-a-dvwp-and-a-list/

Appreciate your help and post.

I am new to sharepoint.

sz

Monday, December 24, 2012 8:59 PM
  • Hi,

Both links are different. Your link is indicating to dataview webpart to provide menu for list. If you want to go with your link then you will need to modify your page (list page or any site page) in designer then you will need to add a dataview webpart. Then you can open dataview webpart xsl file to implement above approach.

In my link, there is static mega menu, which can be implemented in your site master page. For this, You need to modify your master page in sharepoint designer then you can provide links and related style. For style you can use default style sheet.

Hope it could help

• Marked as answer by Semika Monday, December 31, 2012 11:52 PM
    Wednesday, December 26, 2012 4:58 AM