none
SharePoint Designer 2010 - Lists and Libraries not populating on sites upgraded from MOSS 2007

Question

• I am currently working on upgrading our SharePoint environment from 2007 to 2010 and I am running into a problem viewing "Lists and Libraries" on the upgraded site collections in SharePoint Designer 2010.  When opening a site and selecting "Lists and Libraries" nothing displays, but all of the libraries and lists are shown under "All Files."  I have created a new site collection in SharePoint 2010 and I can see items under "Lists and Libraries" in Share Point Designer under that site collection. I have installed the ADO.NET Data Services Update as suggested by other resources on the internet and that does not fix the problem.  When I navigate to http://<web-site>/<site>/_vti_bin/ListData.svc for a migrated site collection I just get a blank blank and no XML; however, on the site collection created in SharePoint 2010, I do get XML.  What else should I try to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Jeff

• Moved by Clayton Cobb Friday, January 14, 2011 5:01 PM Upgrade question, not an SPD/InfoPath question (From:SharePoint 2010 - Using SharePoint Designer, Infopath, and other customization)
    Friday, January 14, 2011 3:58 PM

All replies

• Just some additional notes on this.  After tinkering some more I found that it is only the top site of the upgraded site collections where this does not work.  Subsites of the top site collections seem to work fine.
    Friday, January 14, 2011 6:07 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

Did you find a solution to this? I have the same problem where "Lists and Libraries" node in SPD2010 is empty even though the lists are there. Also the Site Assets library shows empty, which is real show stopper for me. And my site was created new in 2010.

Elena.

Update: I found the cause of this after looking at the logs, one of the features required by a custom list template was not found. After I installed the feature, all lists and libraries appeared in SPD.
    Friday, January 21, 2011 7:28 AM
  • Elena, which feature did you activate to make this work? Thanks!
    Friday, January 21, 2011 4:44 PM
  • I have the same problem on a site collection created in SharePoint 2010.
    Monday, March 12, 2012 7:31 PM
  • Yes, I would love to know what you did.  I have exact same issue.  Was the feature on the sharepoint side, or was it on the SPD side?

thx

P

Friday, March 23, 2012 2:28 PM
  • I never did get the problem fixed.  I believe that my issue does have to do with a missing feature or feature requirement similar to what Elena said.  On our SharePoint 2007 envrionment we had installed Ontollica Wild Card search and after the upgrade some remnants of that component remained in the site collection.  I have not done research on or attempted to remove the remanants of that feature; we have just been dealign with it.

Friday, March 23, 2012 5:44 PM
  • Has any one got the answer, i am also getting same error please provide which feature we have to enable ?

J V Varaprasad.

Friday, September 28, 2012 10:13 AM
  • in that particular site collection some problamatic lists are there, So if i remove those lists then issue has resolved.. So find out the problematic list and then delete your issue will be resolved..

Thanks,

Varaprasad

J V Varaprasad.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:19 AM