none
Sharepoint admin toolkit 4.0 installation doesn't work

Question

• Hi - I have WSS V3.0 installed with the April 2009 cumulative update already applied.  I downloaded and installed the Admin toolkit 4.0 exe on my Front end web server.  What do I do next?  How do I know that it was installed successfully?  I see no effective permissions link in the site settings for any of the top-level site collections in my environment.  Do I have to install features with stsadm or something?  If so, where are the wsp files?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:03 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

According to my analysis, the SharePoint Administration Toolkit installer installs the solution files for the Batch Site Manager and the Permission Reporting Tool, but does not deploy these features to the SharePoint farm. After you install the toolkit, you can deploy and activate these features using the following procedures.

To deploy and activate the Permission Reporting Tool feature

1. At the command prompt, run stsadm.exe –o addsolution –filename “C:\Program Files\Microsoft\SPAdministrationToolkit\PermissionReporting\PermissionReporting.wsp” to add the solution file to the farm solution store.
    2. Run stsadm.exe –o deploysolution –name PermissionReporting.wsp –immediate -allowgacdeployment to deploy the solution to the farm.
    3. Run stsadm.exe –o activatefeature –name PermissionReporting to activate the feature.

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Rock Wang TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Steve Bammer Thursday, March 01, 2012 2:23 PM
    Thursday, March 01, 2012 3:08 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

According to my analysis, the SharePoint Administration Toolkit installer installs the solution files for the Batch Site Manager and the Permission Reporting Tool, but does not deploy these features to the SharePoint farm. After you install the toolkit, you can deploy and activate these features using the following procedures.

To deploy and activate the Permission Reporting Tool feature

1. At the command prompt, run stsadm.exe –o addsolution –filename “C:\Program Files\Microsoft\SPAdministrationToolkit\PermissionReporting\PermissionReporting.wsp” to add the solution file to the farm solution store.
    2. Run stsadm.exe –o deploysolution –name PermissionReporting.wsp –immediate -allowgacdeployment to deploy the solution to the farm.
    3. Run stsadm.exe –o activatefeature –name PermissionReporting to activate the feature.

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Rock Wang TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Steve Bammer Thursday, March 01, 2012 2:23 PM
    Thursday, March 01, 2012 3:08 AM
  • Thanks - I believe your solution will work.  However, when I try to activate the feature I get the "April CU is required" error.  That will be solved this month when we get to SP3. 

Thursday, March 01, 2012 2:28 PM