none
SharePoint 2010:HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

Question

• hi all,

when i opened the SP 2010 Central Admin, error occured. "HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable."

any solutions? thanks.

• Edited by Karen Fu Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:16 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2011 7:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

What web application is running as the avepoint\projects username? Should it be accessing the SharePoint_Config DB. I guess this is a third party tool add-in which needs to read the DB - however I wouldn't have thought this would have any effect on the site not loading.

Regards | Aaron www.aaron-rendell.co.uk | SharePoint Consultant | Microsoft Gold Partner - Silversands, Poole, Dorset, England
    • Marked as answer by Karen Fu Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:18 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 7:58 AM

All replies

• It looks like you are using a 3rd Party software on your SharePoint environment.  I would suggest you raise this issue on AvePoint Support Forum too:

http://www.avepoint.com/support/

Thanks & Regards,
    Kamlesh | Blog | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, October 10, 2011 8:53 AM
  • Hi,

503 normally indicates the Web Application Pool isn't running. Can you check?

I suspect the error above doesn't match the time stamps of you connecting to Central Admin (background running task maybe?) otherwise the web page would display this message - which I guess it doesnt?

Regards | Aaron www.aaron-rendell.co.uk | SharePoint Consultant | Microsoft Gold Partner - Silversands, Poole, Dorset, England
    Monday, October 10, 2011 10:58 AM
  • check all the services related to Sharepoint are "running" and application pool.
    Monday, October 10, 2011 2:21 PM
  • Hi,

thanks a lot.

i have checked the Web Application Pool. there were indeed some parts "stopped", then i re-start them. after this, i tried to access SP 2010 Central Admin. but i did not work. also the same error as before. and i am sure there are not tasks running backgroud.

besides, i found the  Web Application Pool always "stopped" when i checked it. i think there may be something wrong with it. could you help me?

best regards.

• Edited by Karen Fu Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:17 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:16 AM
  • Hi,

What web application is running as the avepoint\projects username? Should it be accessing the SharePoint_Config DB. I guess this is a third party tool add-in which needs to read the DB - however I wouldn't have thought this would have any effect on the site not loading.

• Marked as answer by Karen Fu Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:18 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 7:58 AM
  •  

Please check which is I have found related issue notes.

Is any development  by developer in this site or changes password . it was happened  when using development on the server and on deploying the wsp files etc.

1. Can you go to SharePoint Central Administration ? Please check the services (Office SharePoint Server Search, Windows SharePoint Services Database, Windows SharePoint Services Search, Windows SharePoint Services Web Application) , Another things is Verify that the application pool account is a member of both the IIS_WPG group and the STS_WPG group on the server(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823552)
    2. According to your description, I find this is because your WSP file caused this . here you can do as the following steps.
      1. Go to your IIS(Internet Information Server)->Application Pools, find your application pool, if your application is stop, please restart it.
      2. If the step 1 have not fix it,  delete solution, then restart your IIS.
            stsadm -o deletesolution -name MyWspFile.wsp –force
      3. Check your wsp file, ensure there is no errors in it.
    3. 503.0 - Service unavailable. The request is sent to an application pool that is currently stopped or that is currently disabled.

Regards,

Deepesh Yevle MCTS

Monday, March 26, 2012 12:49 PM