none
Incoming email settings

Question

• I am having problem with getting the incoming email settings to work. Under the library setting, I can see the Incoming email setting link under communication section. But when I clicked into it, I only see the first row of setting:

Allow this document library to receive e-mail?

And set the Email Address.

I can't seem to see any of the other settings below, such as

Email Attachments, Email Messages, Email Message, Email Meeting Invitations, Email Security

I have checked the Central Admin -> Incoming Email Settings:

And I already have:

Enable sites on this server to receive email: Yes
    Setting mode: Automatic
    Use Sharepoint Directory Management Services to create distribution groups and contacts: No
    Email server display address: Set
    Accept mail from all email servers: Checked

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 12:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• Okay, I just found out that there's an .eml file appearing in the Drop folder. But it's been sitting there and nothing has happened...

I checked SERVICES -> Sharepoint Timer Job and it's already started...

What could be wrong?

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:21 AM
  • Ensure you have given the following security properties at your Drop folder.

• WSS_Admin_WPG – Full Control
    • WSS_WPG – Read & Execute / List folder Contents / Read

Since the setttings that you mention are only available for a few list types, create a new Calendar list and check the list's incoming email settings.

If it is still not working, I suggest you go through each step from http://anyrest.wordpress.com/2010/11/05/configuring-sharepoint-2010-to-accept-incoming-emails/ and verify.

Hope this helps...

-Sangeetha

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:51 AM
  • Now I went to Central Admin -> Incoming Email Settings: and Change the mode to Advanced, I realised the Drop box field is empty. So I filled that up, and now the email files in the Drop folder get disappeared after a minute or so.

But still no items get added. So I went into log file and see the error:

An error occurred while processing the incoming e-mail file c:\inetpub\mailroot\drop\948123aa01cd21d30000000a.eml. The error was: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.. 23a8a3b5-f078-4acd-a854-a45e7a9e89e3

Does anyone know what this is about?

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:51 AM
  • Hi,

Try to refresh the Directory Management Service:
    stsadm -o refreshdms -url <url of web application>

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:04 AM