none
Restore SharePoint 2007 farm through Central Administration (CA)

Question

• Hi all,

While trying to restore production farm into a development environment I get two different types of error message (please see below).

Here are my environment details:

Production and development (2 servers farm in each environment, 1 Web server & 1 SQL Server (2005 standard):

• All servers running Windows ent 2003 SP2
    • Differences are my production MOSS ent 2007 has SP1 whereas development MOSS ent 2007 has SP2 installed. Also production SQL 2005 has SP3 installed and on development SQL have not installed any SP yet. (I hope SP is not causing me trouble here)
    I've been backing up entire firm on the production environment from the CA with no problem. My development environment 2 servers farm working fine except when try to restore from the production backup - I get the following errors.

I should probably mention on the restore process I chose:

- Restore type: New configuration

- For New Names: provided 'New Web Application URL , new web application (which I've created on the development server), New db server name (production db server) and new db name.

Restore wizard completes with 7 errors : every db related to CONTENT fails with the first error message below. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for going over this long posting.

Daisy

=================================

Errors:

MOSS_WSS_Content:

Object Test_MOSS_WSS_Content (previous name: MOSS_WSS_Content) failed in event OnRestore. For more information, see the error log located in the backup directory. SqlException: Cannot open backup device 'C:\SharePointBkUp\spbr0027\00000015.bak'. Operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified.). RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

UserProfileApplication:

Object UserProfileApplication failed in event OnPostRestore. For more information, see the error log located in the backup directory. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, March 24, 2010 4:44 AM Pointless intro removed. Mass of font info removed; Bold removed as error code is well separated from rest of text and not needed
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 9:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• This might be unrelated to the issue I'm having but thought would add:

While I was trying different options yesterday to restore from my backup some of my my production server dababases got into single user mode. I realized this when started getting calls from my end users saying they can't access SharePoint portal anymore :(

No clue how this may happen but was able to put the db back to multi-user mode and everything was fine after. I'm guessing I may have chose restore type 'same configuration' once thinking it would create same named db and web applications on the development server. Though restoration was not successful - failed with error messages; but it gave me a real headache for few hours.

Anyway I'm still looking for a solution for the restoration issue.

Thank you!

Daisy

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:19 PM
  • Hi Daisy99,

The cause of the following error is the incorrect Directory Path i.e. “C:\SharePointBkUp\" instead of a UNC Path i.e. \\Servername\SharedFolder file:///\\Servername\SharedFolder.

SqlException: Cannot open backup device 'C:\SharePointBkUp\spbr0027\00000015.bak&#39

For your reference, below are the steps for running a successful backup in a scenario where the database and the SharePoint are on two different Servers :

1. Set the SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) Windows service to run as a domain account. Will require a restart of the service and IIS.

2. Setup sharing on the backup folder. Grant access for the identity that the Central Administration Application Pool runs under, the database SQL account, the identity that the Timer service runs under, to change and read rights.

3. On each of the SharePoint servers check you can access the share.

4. On each of the database servers check you can access the share.

5. Set the folder security, grant privileges for the identity that the Central Administration Application Pool runs under, the database SQL account, the identity that the Timer service runs under to all rights apart from Full Control.

6. When running the backup specify the UNC path to the backup share, instead of the folder location (c:\backups\). For example: \\SPSDev\Backups <file:///\\SPSDev\Backups> <file://\\SPSDev\Backups <file:///\\SPSDev\Backups> >

If you are running backups from STSADM you will need to grant access to the share and write access to the folder security for the user that runs the STSADM -o backup command.

For more information about back up and restore a farm by using central administration, please refer to the following article:

Prepare to back up and restore a farm (Office SharePoint Server 2007)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262704.aspx

http://www.davehunter.co.uk/Blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?List=f0e16a1a%2D6fa9%2D4130%2Dbcab%2Dbaeb97ccc4ff&ID=34

Hope this helps.

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:41 AM
  • You are genius Rock!!! UNC path was the issue.

I just tried correcting that - everything restored fine except one error this time (below)...haven't spent much time looking into the log file yet. Any suggestion where to start to track this down?

Looks like it's going somewhere now :)...thank you again!

Daisy

=========================

Test_WSS_Content_SSP          Completing restore        3/25/2010 7:29 AM        

Object Test_WSS_Content_SSP (previous name: SSP_WSS_Content) failed in event OnPostRestore. For more information, see the error log located in the backup directory. SPUpgradeException: Upgrade completed with errors. Review the upgrade.log file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\Logs\Upgrade.log. The number of errors and warnings is listed at the end of the upgrade log file.

Thursday, March 25, 2010 3:47 PM
  • Hi Daisy99,

I am very glad to hear that you can restore SharePoint from your backup.

Could you post the error in the upgrade.log file which is located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\Logs\ into the forum?

Object UserProfileApplication failed in event OnPostRestore. For more information, see the error log located in the backup directory. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

From the error above, it seems that you don’t have the user profile in the development farm.

Did you create a SSP on your development farm? if not, try to create a new SSP and restore again.

Hope this helps.

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:24 AM
  • Hi Rock,

Thank you again...I just tried restoring few more times with no luck. :(

1. When tried from CA UI: Restore completes with 1 error and 4 warning - failure message still the same (pasted again below). I've also copied part of the upgrade.log (whatever was associated with words warning/ error) - surprisingly none of these were related to the object 'Test1_WSS_Content_SSP ' which is failing in CA UI.

My Observations:

• Under ‘Manager Content Databases’ (CA> Appl Management) page on the dev server new content db shows up with (current number of sites = 0). I guess this indicates restore process was not successful.
    • Restore process creates a new SSP everytime I try - named 'SharedServices1' in addition to the one I created beforehand. This new SharedServices1 is not editable though...get an error message when try to do so. Whereas my pre-created one is editable. This seems to be a problem to me...Any thought? 

I've also copied the errors when tried restoring with stsadm command prompt under the section 2.  

Just wanted to check if I'm doing the process right:

• I've created web applications (3 in my case) beforehand on my dev server
    • Restore process is creating the databases on the db server I am indicating here, right?
    • on Farm\sharedservices\Userprofileapplication field (step 4 of the restore process) - I'm providing my dev server MySite web application URL, is this correct?

I really appreciate any suggestion here.

Thanks,

Daisy

Failure Message (from CA UI):

Object Test1_WSS_Content_SSP (previous name: SSP_WSS_Content) failed in event OnPostRestore. For more information, see the error log located in the backup directory. SPUpgradeException: Upgrade completed with errors. Review the upgrade.log file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\Logs\Upgrade.log. The number of errors and warnings is listed at the end of the upgrade log file.

Upgrade.log (from CA UI)::

[SPContentDatabaseSequence] [DEBUG] [3/30/2010 1:46:21 PM]: Adding subweb web templates below ContentDatabase Test1_MOSS_WSS_Content.

[SPContentDatabaseSequence] [DEBUG] [3/30/2010 1:46:21 PM]: Found subweb template STS#0 (lcid: 1033) for ContentDatabase Test1_MOSS_WSS_Content.

[SPContentDatabaseSequence] [DEBUG] [3/30/2010 1:46:21 PM]: Found subweb template SRCHCEN#0 (lcid: 1033) for ContentDatabase Test1_MOSS_WSS_Content.

[SPContentDatabaseSequence] [WARNING] [3/30/2010 1:46:21 PM]: WebTemplate ID 75808 (lcid: 1033), provisioned in ContentDatabase Test1_MOSS_WSS_Content, is missing.

[SPContentDatabaseSequence] [WARNING] [3/30/2010 1:46:21 PM]: WebTemplate ID 75816 (lcid: 1033), provisioned in ContentDatabase Test1_MOSS_WSS_Content, is missing.

---------------

[SPWebTemplateSequence] [DEBUG] [3/30/2010 1:47:10 PM]: Template OSRV#0: Activating site-collection-scoped features...

[SPWebTemplateSequence] [ERROR] [3/30/2010 1:47:10 PM]: Template OSRV#0: SPSite Id=ed3d2497-6f35-429f-be8e-32b9ae751c46 could not be accessed due to exception. Skipping this SPSite for template upgrade.  Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The site with the id ed3d2497-6f35-429f-be8e-32b9ae751c46 could not be found.

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(Guid id, SPFarm farm, SPUrlZone zone, SPUserToken userToken)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(Guid id)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPWebTemplateSequence.ActivateSiteFeatures(List`1 lstsiteidToUpgrade, List`1& lstsiteidExceptions, List`1& lstwebinfoExceptions)

[SPWebTemplateSequence] [DEBUG] [3/30/2010 1:47:10 PM]: Template OSRV#0: Activating SPWeb scoped features...

[SPWebTemplateSequence] [ERROR] [3/30/2010 1:47:10 PM]: Template OSRV#0: SPSite Id=ed3d2497-6f35-429f-be8e-32b9ae751c46 could not be accessed due to exception. Skipping SPWeb Id=53ca03fc-46ec-4533-b1a4-a0210a39774c for template upgrade. Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The site with the id ed3d2497-6f35-429f-be8e-32b9ae751c46 could not be found.

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(Guid id, SPFarm farm, SPUrlZone zone, SPUserToken userToken)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(Guid id)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPWebTemplateSequence.ActivateWebFeatures(List`1 lstwebinfoToUpgrade, List`1& lstsiteidExceptions, List`1& lstwebinfoExceptions)

[SPWebTemplateSequence] [DEBUG] [3/30/2010 1:47:10 PM]: Template OSRV#0: Update the web template version in the Webs table.

--------

[SPManager] [INFO] [3/30/2010 1:47:11 PM]: Inplace Upgrade session finishes. root object = SPContentDatabase Name=Test1_SSP_WSS_Content Parent=SPDatabaseServiceInstance, recursive = True. 2 errors and 0 warnings encountered

2.    Error when tried with stsadm command prompt (directory option)

===================

BEGIN

SELECT 1 as ErrorCode

END

ELSE

BEGIN RESTORE DATABASE [Test2_ssp_wss_content] FROM DISK=@db_location WITH STATS

=5, FILE=1, MOVE @db_OldName TO @db_NewFile, MOVE @db_OldLogName TO @db_NewLogFi

le, NOREWIND, NOUNLOAD, RECOVERY

END

@db_location=\\sharepointsql\mossbkup\spbr0028\0000001B.bak, @db_OldName

=SSP_WSS_Content, @db_NewFile=C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQ

L\DATA\Test2_ssp_wss_content.mdf, @db_OldLogName=SSP_WSS_Content_log, @db_NewLog

File=C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\Test2_ssp_wss_cont

ent_log.ldf, @db_name=Test2_ssp_wss_content

Verbose: [SSP_WSS_Content] SQL command timeout is set to 16.67 hours.

Progress: [SSP_WSS_Content] 5 percent complete.

Progress: [SSP_WSS_Content] 100 percent complete.

Verbose: [SSP_WSS_Content] SQL Server Message: Processed 1472 pages for database

'Test2_ssp_wss_content', file 'SSP_WSS_Content' on file 1.

Verbose: [SSP_WSS_Content] SQL Server Message: Processed 5 pages for database 'T

est2_ssp_wss_content', file 'SSP_WSS_Content_log' on file 1.

Verbose: [SSP_WSS_Content] SQL Server Message: RESTORE DATABASE successfully pro

cessed 1477 pages in 2.614 seconds (4.628 MB/sec).

Verbose: [SSP_WSS_Content] SQL command completed at: 3/30/2010 3:58:47 PM.

Verbose: [Test2_ssp_wss_content] Verifying that the database restoration is comp

lete.

Verbose: [Test2_ssp_wss_content] SQL Server Command: USE [master]

SELECT status FROM master..sysdatabases WHERE name=@db_n

ame

@db_name=Test2_ssp_wss_content

Verbose: [Test2_ssp_wss_content] SQL Server Command: SELECT TOP 1 1 FROM [Test2_

ssp_wss_content]..sysobjects

Verbose: [Test2_ssp_wss_content] Database restoration has been verified.

Verbose: Current object: Test2_sharedservices1_db (previous name: SharedServices

1_DB).

Verbose: [SharedServices1_DB] SQL Server Connection String: Data Source=192.168.

1.175;Initial Catalog=Test2_sharedservices1_db;Integrated Security=True.

Verbose: [SharedServices1_DB] SQL command started at: 3/30/2010 3:58:48 PM. This

command may take a while to complete and without notification.

Verbose: [SharedServices1_DB] SQL Server Command:

IF EXISTS ( SELECT * FROM master..sysdatabases WHERE has_dbaccess(name)=1 AND na

me=@db_name )

BEGIN

SELECT 1 as ErrorCode

END

ELSE

BEGIN RESTORE DATABASE [Test2_sharedservices1_db] FROM DISK=@db_location WITH ST

ATS=5, FILE=1, MOVE @db_OldName TO @db_NewFile, MOVE @db_OldLogName TO @db_NewLo

gFile, NOREWIND, NOUNLOAD, RECOVERY

END

@db_location=\\sharepointsql\mossbkup\spbr0028\0000001C.bak, @db_OldName

=SharedServices1_DB, @db_NewFile=C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\M

SSQL\DATA\Test2_sharedservices1_db.mdf, @db_OldLogName=SharedServices1_DB_log, @

db_NewLogFile=C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\Test2_sha

redservices1_db_log.ldf, @db_name=Test2_sharedservices1_db

Verbose: [SharedServices1_DB] SQL command timeout is set to 16.67 hours.

Progress: [SharedServices1_DB] 5 percent complete.

Progress: [SharedServices1_DB] 100 percent complete.

Verbose: [SharedServices1_DB] SQL Server Message: Processed 1376 pages for datab

ase 'Test2_sharedservices1_db', file 'SharedServices1_DB' on file 1.

Verbose: [SharedServices1_DB] SQL Server Message: Processed 4 pages for database

'Test2_sharedservices1_db', file 'SharedServices1_DB_log' on file 1.

Verbose: [SharedServices1_DB] SQL Server Message: RESTORE DATABASE successfully

processed 1380 pages in 1.606 seconds (7.038 MB/sec).

Verbose: [SharedServices1_DB] SQL command completed at: 3/30/2010 3:58:51 PM.

Verbose: [Test2_sharedservices1_db] Verifying that the database restoration is c

omplete.

Verbose: [Test2_sharedservices1_db] SQL Server Command: USE [master]

ame

@db_name=Test2_sharedservices1_db

Verbose: [Test2_sharedservices1_db] SQL Server Command: SELECT TOP 1 1 FROM [Tes

t2_sharedservices1_db]..sysobjects

Verbose: [Test2_sharedservices1_db] Database restoration has been verified.

Error: Object Test2_sharedservices1_db (previous name: SharedServices1_DB) faile

d in event OnRestore. For more information, see the error log located in the bac

kup directory.

SPUpdatedConcurrencyException: An update conflict has occurred, and you

must re-try this action. The object SharedResourceProvider Name=SharedServices1

Parent=SPFarm Name=SharePoint_Config is being updated by OLYMPIC\sharepoint, in

the OWSTIMER process, on machine TESTSHAREPOINT.  View the tracing log for more

information about the conflict.

Verbose: Starting object: UserProfileApplication.

Progress: [UserProfileApplication] 50 percent complete.

Verbose: Starting object: SessionStateSharedApplication.

Verbose: Starting object: Shared Search Index.

Progress: [Shared Search Index] 10 percent complete.

Error: Object Shared Search Index failed in event OnRestore. For more informatio

n, see the error log located in the backup directory.

SPUpdatedConcurrencyException: An update conflict has occurred, and you

must re-try this action. The object SharedResourceProvider Name=SharedServices1

Parent=SPFarm Name=SharePoint_Config is being updated by OLYMPIC\sharepoint, in

the OWSTIMER process, on machine TESTSHAREPOINT.  View the tracing log for more

information about the conflict.

Verbose: Current object: Test2_sharedservices1_search_db (previous name: SharedS

ervices1_Search_DB).

Verbose: Starting object: Global Search Settings.

Progress: [Global Search Settings] 50 percent complete.

Verbose: Starting object: Windows SharePoint Services Search.

Progress: [Windows SharePoint Services Search] 50 percent complete.

Verbose: Starting object: Search instance.

Progress: [Search instance] 50 percent complete.

Verbose: Current object: Test2_wss_search_testsharepoint (previous name: WSS_Sea

rch_COCSHAREPOINT).

Verbose: [WSS_Search_COCSHAREPOINT] SQL Server Connection String: Data Source=19

2.168.1.175;Initial Catalog=Test2_wss_search_testsharepoint;Integrated Security=

True.

Verbose: [WSS_Search_COCSHAREPOINT] SQL command started at: 3/30/2010 3:58:52 PM

. This command may take a while to complete and without notification.

Verbose: [WSS_Search_COCSHAREPOINT] SQL Server Command:

IF EXISTS ( SELECT * FROM master..sysdatabases WHERE has_dbaccess(name)=1 AND na

me=@db_name )

BEGIN

SELECT 1 as ErrorCode

END

ELSE

BEGIN RESTORE DATABASE [Test2_wss_search_testsharepoint] FROM DISK=@db_location

WITH STATS=5, FILE=1, MOVE @db_OldName TO @db_NewFile, MOVE @db_OldLogName TO @d

b_NewLogFile, NOREWIND, NOUNLOAD, RECOVERY

END

@db_location=\\sharepointsql\mossbkup\spbr0028\0000001E.bak, @db_OldName

=WSS_Search_COCSHAREPOINT, @db_NewFile=C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSS

QL.1\MSSQL\DATA\Test2_wss_search_testsharepoint.mdf, @db_OldLogName=WSS_Search_C

OCSHAREPOINT_log, @db_NewLogFile=C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\M

SSQL\DATA\Test2_wss_search_testsharepoint_log.ldf, @db_name=Test2_wss_search_tes

tsharepoint

Verbose: [WSS_Search_COCSHAREPOINT] SQL command timeout is set to 16.67 hours.

Progress: [WSS_Search_COCSHAREPOINT] 5 percent complete.

Progress: [WSS_Search_COCSHAREPOINT] 100 percent complete.

Verbose: [WSS_Search_COCSHAREPOINT] SQL Server Message: Processed 10216 pages fo

r database 'Test2_wss_search_testsharepoint', file 'WSS_Search_COCSHAREPOINT' on

file 1.

Verbose: [WSS_Search_COCSHAREPOINT] SQL Server Message: Processed 3 pages for da

tabase 'Test2_wss_search_testsharepoint', file 'WSS_Search_COCSHAREPOINT_log' on

file 1.

Verbose: [WSS_Search_COCSHAREPOINT] SQL Server Message: RESTORE DATABASE success

fully processed 10219 pages in 11.210 seconds (7.467 MB/sec).

Verbose: [WSS_Search_COCSHAREPOINT] SQL command completed at: 3/30/2010 3:59:05

PM.

Verbose: [Test2_wss_search_testsharepoint] Verifying that the database restorati

on is complete.

Verbose: [Test2_wss_search_testsharepoint] SQL Server Command: USE [master]

ame

@db_name=Test2_wss_search_testsharepoint

Verbose: [Test2_wss_search_testsharepoint] SQL Server Command: SELECT TOP 1 1 FR

OM [Test2_wss_search_testsharepoint]..sysobjects

Verbose: [Test2_wss_search_testsharepoint] Database restoration has been verifie

d.

Verbose: Starting OnPostRestore event.

Verbose: Starting object: Farm.

Progress: [Farm] 100 percent complete.

Verbose: Starting object: Windows SharePoint Services Web Application.

Progress: [Windows SharePoint Services Web Application] 100 percent complete.

Verbose: Current object: TestSharePoint - 80 (previous name: COCSharePoint - 80)

Progress: [COCSharePoint - 80] 100 percent complete.

Verbose: Current object: Test2_moss_wss_content (previous name: MOSS_WSS_Content

).

Verbose: [Test2_moss_wss_content] Trying to attach to web application url: http:

//testsharepoint/

Verbose: [Test2_moss_wss_content] Attaching database

Verbose: Current object: sharePoint_Mysite -  6790 (previous name: MySite - 2410

8).

Progress: [MySite - 24108] 100 percent complete.

Verbose: Current object: Test2_mysite_wss_content (previous name: MySite_WSS_Con

tent).

Verbose: [Test2_mysite_wss_content] Trying to attach to web application url: htt

p://testsharepoint:6790/

Verbose: [Test2_mysite_wss_content] Attaching database

Verbose: Starting object: WSS_Administration.

Progress: [WSS_Administration] 100 percent complete.

Verbose: Current object: Sharepoint_SSP - 41010 (previous name: SSP - 45821).

Progress: [SSP - 45821] 100 percent complete.

Verbose: Current object: Test2_ssp_wss_content (previous name: SSP_WSS_Content).

Verbose: [Test2_ssp_wss_content] Trying to attach to web application url: http:/

/testsharepoint:41010/

Verbose: [Test2_ssp_wss_content] Attaching database

Warning: [Test2_ssp_wss_content] Content database failed to be added to SharePoi

nt, please try and detach the original database then re-attach this database.

Error: Object Test2_ssp_wss_content (previous name: SSP_WSS_Content) failed in e

vent OnPostRestore. For more information, see the error log located in the backu

p directory.

SPUpgradeException: Upgrade completed with errors.  Review the upgrade.l

og file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Ext

ensions\12\Logs\Upgrade.log.  The number of errors and warnings is listed at the

end of the upgrade log file.

Verbose: Starting object: UserProfileApplication.

Progress: [UserProfileApplication] 100 percent complete.

Verbose: Starting object: SessionStateSharedApplication.

Verbose: Current object: Test2_sharedservices1_search_db (previous name: SharedS

ervices1_Search_DB).

Verbose: Starting object: Global Search Settings.

Progress: [Global Search Settings] 100 percent complete.

Verbose: Starting object: Windows SharePoint Services Search.

Progress: [Windows SharePoint Services Search] 100 percent complete.

Verbose: Starting object: Search instance.

Verbose: Current object: Test2_wss_search_testsharepoint (previous name: WSS_Sea

rch_COCSHAREPOINT).

Verbose: Notifying third parties that the restore completed.

Verbose: The IIS Web Site has been extended.  You may need to use iisreset.exe t

o restart IIS before your site becomes accessible.

Finish Time: 3/30/2010 4:01:46 PM.

Progress: Completed with errors and warnings, please refer to the log file for d

etails.

Verbose: Deleting the file \\sharepointsql\mossbkup\spbr0028\sprestore.xml and r

eplacing it.

Verbose: The backup/restore process included the following objects:

Farm\

*[SharePoint_Config]\

Windows SharePoint Services Web Application\

COCSharePoint - 80\

Test2_moss_wss_content\

MySite - 24108\

Test2_mysite_wss_content\

[WSS_Administration]\

*[Web Application]\

*[SharePoint_AdminContent_fc9e5736-032b-4be7-a081-f8b0ffee8a36]\

*SharedServices1\

[SSP - 45821]\

*Test2_ssp_wss_content\

*[Test2_sharedservices1_db]\

[UserProfileApplication]\

[SessionStateSharedApplication]\

*[Shared Search Index]\

[SharedServices1_Search_DB]\

Global Search Settings\

Windows SharePoint Services Search\

[Search instance]\

[Test2_wss_search_testsharepoint]\

Completed with 4 warnings.

Completed with 4 errors.

Restore failed for Object Test2_ssp_wss_content (previous name: SSP_WSS_Content)

failed in event OnPostRestore. For more information, see the error log located

in the backup directory.

-------------------------------------------------

The restore job failed. For more information, see the error log that is located

in the backup directory.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN>

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:53 PM
  • Hi Daisy99,

I am not quite sure the meaning of “Restore process is creating the databases on the db server I am indicating here”. Could you explain it more clearly?

By default, it assumes that you are restoring to the server that produced the backup — that is, you are not migrating to a new or different server. From your post, you want to move a Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 deployment to another farm.

Restore a farm by using the Stsadm command-line tool (Office SharePoint Server 2007)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc261704.aspx

Restore a farm by using Central Administration

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262928.aspx

If you want to migrate a farm to a new configuration or equipment type, see Deploy new server farm and migrate content. For more information about the differences between moving, migrating, and upgrading a farm, and about which set of procedures apply most directly to your situation, see Move and migrate servers and server farms (Office SharePoint Server 2007).

For more information about move to another farm, please refer to the following article:

Move to another farm (Office SharePoint Server 2007)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc261918.aspx

Hope this helps.

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:20 AM