none
Custom Meeting Workspace Template

Question

• We have created a custom template for Meeting Workspaces. If we use this template with recurring events, these events are not shown in the left navigationbar. Instead the beginning date of the recurring events is shown twice.

You can easily reproduce this issue:

- Create a basic Meeting Workspace
    - Create a template on this Workspace
    - Create a new meeting via Outlook (recurring event, choose the new template)

It makes no difference if you create the Meeting Workspace over SharePoint before linking events via Outlook. There is also no difference if you use an other Out Of The Box Template as basis for the custom template.

Are there any solutions?

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 10:47 AM

Answers

• I have no idea when Microsoft will be able to solve the problem. There are different teams at MS involved in solving this issue.

For 2007 (it is the same for 2010, you have to change the version):

1. Open the default.aspx of the meeting  space in SharePoint designer.

2. Remove the WebpartZone and ZoneTemplate tags around the meeting navigator  webpart.

3. Save the site  as a template  and use it.This new template without the WebpartZone  in the left  handside works fine.

Workaround:

1.Open SharePoint Designer 2007. Go to File | Open Site and connect to SharePoint site.

2.Expand out _catalogs -> masterpage -> open master page used on Meeting Workspace.

3.In Code View, add the following line of code under <%@ Import Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint" %> tag:

<%@ Register Tagprefix="Meetings" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.Meetings" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>

4.Add the following line of code after opening <body …> tag: <Meetings:PropertyBag runat="server"/>

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:21 AM

All replies

• I have the same problem. Any recurring meetings linked with a custom template are going incredibly wrong!

Is this a SharePoint bug? Is there a workaround? I really need this for the project I am on right now.

kr

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:43 AM
  • It is a SharePoint Bug.

We have opened a Microsoft Call for this problem.

The only Workaround MS delivered till now brings few new bugs.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:47 AM
  • what was the workaround? 

Any idea when Microsoft will (be able to) solve the problem?

thanks for quick reply!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:07 AM
  • I have no idea when Microsoft will be able to solve the problem. There are different teams at MS involved in solving this issue.

For 2007 (it is the same for 2010, you have to change the version):

1. Open the default.aspx of the meeting  space in SharePoint designer.

2. Remove the WebpartZone and ZoneTemplate tags around the meeting navigator  webpart.

3. Save the site  as a template  and use it.This new template without the WebpartZone  in the left  handside works fine.

Workaround:

1.Open SharePoint Designer 2007. Go to File | Open Site and connect to SharePoint site.

2.Expand out _catalogs -> masterpage -> open master page used on Meeting Workspace.

3.In Code View, add the following line of code under <%@ Import Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint" %> tag:

<%@ Register Tagprefix="Meetings" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.Meetings" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>

4.Add the following line of code after opening <body …> tag: <Meetings:PropertyBag runat="server"/>

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:21 AM
  • thank you!! 

both the first 1->3 and the second 1->3 should be done for it to work? 

you talked about other issues when applying these workarounds? could you summarize what effects you noticed when using the workaround(s)?

thanks in advance!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:28 AM
  • Yes both should be done.

The other issues are design issues with the Meeting Navigator. For this reason we have not tested if more issues occur.

If it is really urgent for you, you can try the workaround (maybe first in a testing enviroment). We have decided to wait for a real fix.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:34 AM
  • Removing the WebpartZone and ZoneTemplate tags rounding the meeting navigator webpart element workes for me (finally!!). Thank you ShareMino!
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 2:41 PM