none
How to migrate SP2007 Site Templates, Themes, MasterPages & Pagelayouts to SP2010?

Question

• Hi all, I am in the process of migrating SP2007 portal and teamsite to SP2010. My current SP2007 contains severals custom site templates, themes, masterpages and pagelayouts.

Notes:
    A. Custom Site templates: were available in Central admin when new site collection is created, many sites already used these custom site templates.

B. Custom Site themes: were packaged as site feature so site owners are able to apply theme by activate through site feature, many sites already used these custom themes

Questions:

Site templates:

1. What happened to the existing sites that used these site templates when I apply visual upgrade? I mean: webpart zone, navigation, content in the existing zones...etc.

Will these webpart zones, navigation will be displaced as well as contents after visual upgrade?

2. In case of the existing site templates were not working correctly after I apply visual upgrade:

a. What are my options to fix these custom site templates?

b. How can apply these new corrected site template to all existing sites? Can I do mass update or do I have to apply one by one...or other options?

c. What happend to my existing publishing pages? Do I have to rebuild these pages manulally?

Site themes:

a. When I apply visual upgrade, what will happened to my custom themes?

b. In case that custom themes are not working correctly, what are my options to fix them?

c. How can apply these new corrected site theme to all existing sites? Can I do mass update or do I have to apply one by one...or other options?

Anything else that I should know?

Thanks all for your help.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, December 21, 2010 8:01 AM "Anything else that I should know?" To post SP 2010 questions to SP 2010 forums, perhaps. (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 5:28 AM

Answers

All replies