none
Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object

Question

• Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.]
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPContentDatabase.ValidateDatabaseSchemaCompatibility() +1048
       Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.PreinitializeServer(SPRequest request) +48
       Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.InitializeSPRequest() +222
       Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.EnsureSPRequest() +51
       Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.get_Request() +44
       Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetWebPartPageContent(Uri pageUrl, PageView requestedView, HttpContext context, Boolean forRender, Boolean includeHidden, Boolean mainFileRequest, Boolean fetchDependencyInformation, Boolean& ghostedPage, Byte& verGhostedPage, String& siteRoot, Guid& siteId, Int64& bytes, Guid& docId, UInt32& docVersion, String& timeLastModified, Byte& level, Object& buildDependencySetData, UInt32& dependencyCount, Object& buildDependencies, SPWebPartCollectionInitialState& initialState, Object& oMultipleMeetingDoclibRootFolders, String& redirectUrl, Boolean& ObjectIsList, Guid& listId) +1271
       Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPRequestModuleData.FetchWebPartPageInformationForInit(HttpContext context, SPWeb spweb, Boolean mainFileRequest, String path, Boolean impersonate, Boolean& fGhostedPage, Byte& verGhostedPage, Guid& docId, UInt32& docVersion, String& timeLastModified, SPFileLevel& spLevel, String& masterPageUrl, String& customMasterPageUrl, String& webUrl, String& siteUrl, Guid& siteId, Object& buildDependencySetData, SPWebPartCollectionInitialState& initialState, String& siteRoot, String& redirectUrl, Object& oMultipleMeetingDoclibRootFolders, Boolean& objectIsList, Guid& listId, Int64& bytes) +692
       Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPRequestModuleData.GetFileForRequest(HttpContext context, SPWeb web, Boolean exclusion, String virtualPath) +210
       Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPRequestModule.InitContextWeb(HttpContext context, SPWeb web) +79
       Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SPControl.SPWebEnsureSPControl(HttpContext context) +336
       Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SPControl.GetContextWeb(HttpContext context) +25
       Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPRequestModule.PostResolveRequestCacheHandler(Object oSender, EventArgs ea) +322
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +92
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

When I load my default site (port 80) I get the above error. How do I fix this?

Friday, January 25, 2008 12:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• in the app event log on my frontend web server I have the following:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3
    Event Category: Topology
    Event ID: 5617
    Date:  1/24/2008
    Time:  7:00:21 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: fewebserver

Description:
    The schema version (3.0.150.0) of the database mysitedb_Content on DbServer is not consistent with the expected database schema version (3.0.149.0) on fewebserver.  Connections to this database from this server have been blocked to avoid data loss.  Upgrade the web front end or the content database to ensure that these versions match.

How do I fix this?

Friday, January 25, 2008 1:10 AM
  • so I ran the sp products and technologies configuration wizard on the web server in an attempt to fix the error; kept the same db config settings. the wizrd failed to register sharepoint services. an exception of the type system.security.securityexception was thrown. additional exception information: access denied.

my user account on the web server is an admin.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 104
    Date:  1/24/2008
    Time:  8:25:02 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: fewebserver

Description:
    Failed to register SharePoint services.
    An exception of type System.Security.SecurityException was thrown.  Additional exception information: Access denied.
    System.Security.SecurityException: Access denied.
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPersistedObject.Update()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPService.Update()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPersistedObject.Update(Boolean ensure)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.ServicesTask.InstallServiceInConfigDB(Boolean provisionTheServiceToo, String serviceRegistryKeyName)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.ServicesTask.InstallServices(Boolean provisionTheServicesToo)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.ServicesTask.Run()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.TaskThread.ExecuteTask()
    The Zone of the assembly that failed was: MyComputer

how do I fix that?

Friday, January 25, 2008 1:33 AM
  • anyone?

Friday, January 25, 2008 2:10 AM
  • my site is a forms based site and content deployment from central admin does not support forms based auth sites. Sad

Thursday, January 31, 2008 1:52 PM
  • I was getting this error when running SharePoint Configuration Wizard to add a server to the farm.  I forgot to apply the latest service packs for both WSS and SharePoint (Office System Servers).  After doing that it worked.

Monday, March 22, 2010 8:24 PM
  • Description:
    The schema version (3.0.150.0) of the database mysitedb_Content on DbServer is not consistent with the expected database schema version (3.0.149.0) on fewebserver.  Connections to this database from this server have been blocked to avoid data loss.  Upgrade the web front end or the content database to ensure that these versions match.

You should check for each relevant DB in the EventLog and go to the Versions table in the DBs , look for the schema version which is "wrong" and update it to the "correct" one.

As Phil said correctly make sure that patch levels should be the same for WSS and MOSS . Also would like to know if this is a fresh installation or is it occuring after Applying any cumulative updates

Also try to run SPSFARMREPORT and upload the details so that the picture will be clear

Regards

Franklin

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 2:14 AM
  • Hi,

Just wondering, how do you update the schema version for a db? I have the same problem after installing a service pk!

Thanks,

Cait

Tuesday, June 01, 2010 9:06 AM
  • STSADM –o Upgrade
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:15 PM
  • Hello!

Add following parameter to AppSettings in web.config:

<add key="aspnet:MaxHttpCollectionKeys" value="20000" />

My contributions: SharePoint 2010 Solution Installer

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:27 AM
  • Hello!

Add following parameter to AppSettings in web.config: