none
InfoPath 2010 - Project Master and Details forms data

Question

• Have created 2 InfoPath forms,

1. Project Master

2. Project Details

We are submiiting "Project Details" infoPath by selecting "Project Name" which is populating from Project Master

But, When change / rename Project name in "Project Master", Project name changes is not reflecting in the exisitng / submitted Project Details infopath form.

Please let me know If I miss anything...

Marulasiddappa SB (Swamy)

Saturday, February 25, 2012 11:50 AM

Answers

• I guess it should be possible to accomplish with a work flow. But I guess you have to store both the old display name and the new display name in the Master form lib, so you have something to match against when you want to change the value in the details form lib.

In this scenario you would need to have a WF that loops through all forms in the detalis form lib. Here is a post that describes how this could be done.

This is if I have understood what you are asking for :)

Blog: Married to SharePoint Twitter: @SPNiax

Monday, February 27, 2012 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Changes made to Project Master will not be reflected in already submitted forms. What decides if and when this will be updated is in what way that data connection is used. If you are retrieving this information every time the form is opened, it should be updated when you open a submitted form. I guess this is a drop down, then you need to have the ID as the Value and e.g. Title as the Display name in the list box choises.

Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:47 PM
  • Thanks.

I tried this, it is working , But it is storing ID in form Library and when I open InfoPath, displaying correct display name. (even after renaming the value in Master)

Any way to store Display name in form Library and it should change when master data is modofied?

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:04 AM
  • I guess it should be possible to accomplish with a work flow. But I guess you have to store both the old display name and the new display name in the Master form lib, so you have something to match against when you want to change the value in the details form lib.

In this scenario you would need to have a WF that loops through all forms in the detalis form lib. Here is a post that describes how this could be done.

This is if I have understood what you are asking for :)

Monday, February 27, 2012 8:44 AM
  • Hi,

I can make ID as Value field, but I have to set some rules for populating dropdownlist values,

Is this possible to set a rules with Value and display field?

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:05 AM
  • Hi Marulasiddappa,

1. We can create a lookup field in Project Detail form library (lookup Project Name field from Project Master form library).
    2. Then create a workflow for Project Detail form library (start when item created and changed automatically), update the masterID field value to the lookup field.
    3. In order to get the masterID field in Project Detail library, please add the masterID field available as SharePoint list field when publish the form template.

Best regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:53 AM