none
HOW TO CHANGE THE SQL CREDENTIAL FOR THE SERVICE APPLICATION

Question

• Hi

i am involved into an issue. I connected the SQL server using the SQL Credential not domain account( due to some issue). Now i want change the SQL account for the services( UPA, MMD and Search service) as well as WebApplication.

For content DB(WebApplication)..its easy i detach the content db and attach it using new SQL account & password.

But now i am confused, how can do the same thing with UPA, MMD, Search Servic and others.Please guide me how can i perform this step?

I also want the same thing for Config DB as well.

thanks

-waqas

Thanks -WS SharePoint administrator, MCITP(SharePoint 2010)

Thursday, June 21, 2012 8:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my knowledge, you can update a service application by using central administration, such as change the authentication method. You need to ensure you have the required permissions to perform this procedure. To update a managed metadata service application, you must be both a member of the Administrators group on the computer running the SharePoint Central Administration Web site, and a member of the Farm Administrators group.

I prove you a link about how to create, update, publish, or delete a managed metadata service application for your reference:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee530392.aspx#section1

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Rock Wang TechNet Community Support

Saturday, June 30, 2012 2:11 PM