none
App-Domain could not be created

Question

• WSS3.0 has stopped working after an update.
    ( The application pool and web site are running in IIS6.0 I have stopped them and restarted.  )

The Application Event log has rendered this error.
    Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x8013150a

Also, the hope page for the WSS3.0 site reads:
    Server Application Unavailable
    The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable.  Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Thursday, April 10, 2008 1:32 PM

Answers

• Strangely enough I installed a WSS2.0 service pack on WSS3.0 and now the site is running.  I declined to install the update because I thought.. Why would I need a 2.0 service pack when I'm running a 3.0 site?  However, the site was 2.0 before I upgraded a few months ago.

Of course, it may not work for every site, but if you have upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 then don't be afraid to do any updates that say they are service packs for 2.0.  Maybe some one can elaborate a little further, but I'm going to mark this post as complete.  And mark my comment as the answer.. Can I do that?  haha

Thursday, April 10, 2008 11:53 PM

All replies

• Opening SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration causes bug.  Debugging reveals psconfigui.dln file contains the bug.

Thursday, April 10, 2008 4:04 PM
  • Strangely enough I installed a WSS2.0 service pack on WSS3.0 and now the site is running.  I declined to install the update because I thought.. Why would I need a 2.0 service pack when I'm running a 3.0 site?  However, the site was 2.0 before I upgraded a few months ago.

Of course, it may not work for every site, but if you have upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 then don't be afraid to do any updates that say they are service packs for 2.0.  Maybe some one can elaborate a little further, but I'm going to mark this post as complete.  And mark my comment as the answer.. Can I do that?  haha

Thursday, April 10, 2008 11:53 PM