none
Crawler no longer working.

Question

• I just started getting the following error when attempting to crawl:

at the Default Content Access Account has access to this content, or add a crawl rule to crawl this content. (The item was deleted because it was either not found or the crawler was denied access to it.)

The crawleredge nothing has changed.  My default content management account is a site collection admin and owner for the main portal. 

Are there logs that I can look at to see what the issue is.   Any suggestions?
    • Moved by Michael Washam - MSFT Tuesday, March 24, 2009 4:53 PM more appropriate (Moved from SharePoint - Development and Programming to SharePoint - Search)
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:31 PM

All replies

• You can check the logs at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\LOGS
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:29 PM
  • I had this exact same issue, and it was because my infrastructure group had depoloyed an update to the servers which required running through the Products And Technologies Configuration wizard again. 

Do this with much caution though...
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 5:19 PM
  • Did you recently apply any service packs to your SharePoint environment?  I know that the December CU update stops any crawls (Full and Incremental) from running unless they are set to run more than once a day...

Eli
    Eli Van Eenwyk
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 11:55 PM