none
Cannot open Info Path file from sharepoint

Question

• Hi I have a user (just one and its not effecting anyone else) which has just recently got an error when opening an infopath  form from sharepoint,

he gets this error "infopath cannot open the following file: http://companyoss/sales/quotations/quote-abc123.xml. The Parameter is incorrect."

What hes running

Windows 7 (no SP)

IE 8

Sharepoint 2010

Microsoft Office Professional 2010 (Infopath 2010)

Now this is happening to every inopath document he opens and myself and the rest of the department arnt getting this issue, which I assume leaves out the issue with the xsn ? also he has the same permissions as everyone else iirc "contributor" he also has the domain added in trusted local internet sites so Im at a loss in all honesty. I did read an issue with IE8 when googling but I have tried it in IE7 mode and IE8 compatability mode and also re-installed Microsoft Office 2010 Prof just to see if that makes a difference ?

any ideas?

Thanks 

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, April 18, 2011 10:07 AM "Sharepoint 2010" As you have SP 2010, post only to the SP 2010 forum with InfoPath in the forum name (From:SharePoint - InfoPath Forms Services (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Monday, April 18, 2011 9:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Craig, thanks for the reply but I found a fix ! I had uninstalled / reinstalled infopath then logged on as admin as the user wasnt there to try it out ... it worked so I then  tried it on the users (of which to no luck when they returned) then tried the admin again to confirm, so I was going to backup all of the users info/doc's etc.... and delete his account but I thought no so the fix:

Go To:

C:\users\username\Appdata\local\Microsoft\

create a backup of the folder "InfoPath" then delete the contents of the original "InfoPath" folder.

Next Go To

C:\users\username\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\

again and create a backup of the "InfoPath" folder and then delete the contents of the original "InfoPath" folder

relaunch InfoPath w000t

• Marked as answer by Kn0wl35y Monday, April 18, 2011 2:02 PM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 2:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Kn0wl35y,

What if the user logs onto another machine? Does the same thing occur?

Monday, April 18, 2011 11:33 AM
  • Hi Craig, thanks for the reply but I found a fix ! I had uninstalled / reinstalled infopath then logged on as admin as the user wasnt there to try it out ... it worked so I then  tried it on the users (of which to no luck when they returned) then tried the admin again to confirm, so I was going to backup all of the users info/doc's etc.... and delete his account but I thought no so the fix:

Go To:

C:\users\username\Appdata\local\Microsoft\

create a backup of the folder "InfoPath" then delete the contents of the original "InfoPath" folder.

Next Go To

C:\users\username\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\

again and create a backup of the "InfoPath" folder and then delete the contents of the original "InfoPath" folder

relaunch InfoPath w000t

• Marked as answer by Kn0wl35y Monday, April 18, 2011 2:02 PM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 2:02 PM
  • We have the same error, but your fix with folders didn't work for us...

Monday, April 09, 2012 8:52 AM