none
The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started. Please Contact your Administrator.

Question

• I created a managed meta Data service, but when I try to manage it, its giving this error:

The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started. Please Contact your Administrator.

When I looked into IIS application pools, I can't see the "sp-metadata" app pool that is associated with this service. And I am using a seperate sp_apppool managed account for this. Do I need to check anything else?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, January 12, 2012 5:10 PM

Answers

• 1. Go to SharePoint Central Administration Site –> Application Management –> [Service Applications] –> Manage service applications

2. Highlight the Managed Metadata Service that your web application is associated with. (Do not click on the link, just click somewhere else on that row to highlight it)

3. Click on Permissions button in the ribbon area.

4. Add the application pool account used by your web application and give it at least ‘Read Access to Term Store

Source

Manoj Gangwar | Sharepoint 2010 MCPD | Sharepoint 2010 MCTS
    • Marked as answer by AparnaT Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:08 PM
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 6:07 PM

All replies

• 1. Go to SharePoint Central Administration Site –> Application Management –> [Service Applications] –> Manage service applications

2. Highlight the Managed Metadata Service that your web application is associated with. (Do not click on the link, just click somewhere else on that row to highlight it)

3. Click on Permissions button in the ribbon area.

4. Add the application pool account used by your web application and give it at least ‘Read Access to Term Store

Source

Manoj Gangwar | Sharepoint 2010 MCPD | Sharepoint 2010 MCTS
    • Marked as answer by AparnaT Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:08 PM
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 6:07 PM
  • Thank you so much Manoj. It worked :)

Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:08 PM
  • What if this is already in place?  App Pools are all running, service ID is not locked or expired. 
    Monday, August 25, 2014 4:14 PM