none
How to edit knowledge base article content in sharepoint designer 2007

Question

• I have a sharepoint article based on the knowledgebase template.  When I view the page, I can click on the edit button and edit the content, including opening up the html view; As many people will admit, the editor is not ideal if you want to use css styling, etc, so I am trying to edit the content in Microsoft Sharepoint Designer 2007; However, when I try to edit the page all I can see and edit is the whole page layout with no apparant ability to change the actual content.

I realise that I can edit my page in an html editor, then create and attach a css file to the page in Sharepoint designer and paste the html into the browser editor, but could someone please thell me where the content get stored so that I can edit all the information is Sharepoint Designer.

I have pasted below the .aspx code I get when attempting to edit the page in SharepointDesigner

Any help would be appreciated!!

<%@ Page language="C#" MasterPageFile="~masterurl/default.master"    Inherits="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartPage,Microsoft.SharePoint,Version=12.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" meta:progid="SharePoint.WebPartPage.Document" meta:webpartpageexpansion="full" %>
     <%@ Register Tagprefix="SharePoint" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %> <%@ Register Tagprefix="Utilities" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %> <%@ Import Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint" %> <%@ Register Tagprefix="WebPartPages" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>
    <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderPageTitle" runat="server">
     <SharePoint:ProjectProperty Property="Title" runat="server"/> -
     <SharePoint:ListItemProperty runat="server"/>
    </asp:Content>
    <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderPageTitleInTitleArea" runat="server">
     <SharePoint:ListItemProperty runat="server"/>
    <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderPageImage" runat="server">
        <SharePoint:AlphaImage ID=onetidtpweb1 Src="/_layouts/images/wiki.png" Width=145 Height=54 Alt="" Runat="server"/></asp:Content>
    <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderAdditionalPageHead" runat="server">
     <META Name="CollaborationServer" Content="SharePoint Team Web Site">
     <script>
     var navBarHelpOverrideKey = "wssmain";
     </script>
     <SharePoint:RssLink runat="server"/>
     <style type="text/css">
      .ms-siteactionspacer {
       display: none;
      }
    </style>
     <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../_styles/DeliveryKB.css">
    <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderSearchArea" runat="server">
     <SharePoint:DelegateControl runat="server"
      ControlId="SmallSearchInputBox"/>
    <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderMiniConsole" runat="server">
     <SharePoint:FormComponent TemplateName="WikiMiniConsole" ControlMode="Display" runat="server"/>
    <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderLeftActions" runat="server">
      <SharePoint:RecentChangesMenu runat="server" id="RecentChanges"/>
    <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderMain" runat="server">
     <SharePoint:FormField FieldName="WikiField" ControlMode="Display" runat="server"/>
     <TABLE class="ms-formtable" border=0 cellpadding=0 id="formTbl" cellspacing=0 width=100%>
       <SharePoint:ListFieldIterator
          ControlMode="Display"
          TemplateName="WideFieldListIterator"
          ExcludeFields="FileLeafRef;#WikiField"
          runat="server"/>
     </TABLE>
     <WebPartPages:WebPartZone runat="server" FrameType="None" ID="Bottom" Title="loc:Bottom"><ZoneTemplate></ZoneTemplate></WebPartPages:WebPartZone>
     <table border=0 cellpadding=2 cellspacing=0 width=100%>
      <tr>
       <td class="ms-descriptiontext" ID=onetidinfoblock2>
        <SharePoint:FormattedString FormatText="<%$Resources:wss,form_modifiedby%>" runat="server">
         <SharePoint:FormField ControlMode="Display" FieldName="Modified" runat="server"/>
         <SharePoint:FormField ControlMode="Display" FieldName="Editor" runat="server"/>
        </SharePoint:FormattedString>
       </td>
      </tr>
     </table>

Friday, February 17, 2012 3:19 PM