none
Can't find workflow deployed as WSP solution (when I deploy it from VS it works)

Question

• I am new to SharePoint, sorry if answer to my question is obvious.

I am trying to deploy my very simple workflow as WSP package, it deploys without errors, I activate it, but I can't find my workflow and associate it with the list. Could you help me, please, what I do wrong?

I do it so:

here is version with screenshots (I can't add more than 2 screenshots here).

1. Create an empty SharePoint project in VS, choose trust level as a Farm solution
    2. Add simple State Machine Workflow (list workflow, not site), associate it with the Task lisk.
    3. Press CTRL-F5 in VS2010, and see that WF appears, retract it.
    4. Pack it to WSP package, upload and activate it (site actions\site settings\galleries\solutions).
    5. Check is it associated to list. It doesn't. (As far as I know it is normal)
    6. Try to associate it manually, but I can't see it (List tools/list/workflow settings/add workflow). Why? Where is my error?

I think that I missed something important in basic priciples, but I can't understand what. Help me please.

Thank you in advance.

UPDATE 1

Thanks to Balamurugan-S KAUST answer.

Now it works on my local machine.

But now, I have another question, is there any possibilities for deploying solutions to remote server (from web interface or in another way)? Am I right, that for activating solution in Central Administration, I have to add it by Power Shell? Could you clarify it for me, please?

• Edited by MikhailSP Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:44 AM second question
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:40 AM

Answers

• Hi, 

I checked your attached screen shot in the stack exchange site.What i understood that you created a state machine workflow as a Farm solution .But,you are trying to upload the wsp file in sandbox solution galleries.That is why you are getting this issue.Please deploy your solution directly via central admin .It will work .

or create a  new workflow as a sandbox solution and try again.

• Marked as answer by MikhailSP Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:51 AM
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:28 AM

All replies

• Do you ever activate your workflow?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262348.aspx

To activate a workflow for a site collection

1. Verify that you have the following administrative credentials:

• You must be a member of the site collection administrators group on the site collection that you are configuring.

2. On the top level of the site collection, on the Site Actions menu, click Site Settings.

3. On the Site Settings page, in the Site Collection Administration section, click Site collection features.

4. On the Features page, click Activate next to the workflow feature that you want to activate.

The Status column displays “Active” to indicate that the feature is now active.

Regards, Nighting Liu

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:45 AM
  • Thank you for the answer.

Yes, I am. The Feature, which contains my workflow shown as active there.

• Edited by MikhailSP Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:52 AM
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:51 AM
  • Hi, 

I checked your attached screen shot in the stack exchange site.What i understood that you created a state machine workflow as a Farm solution .But,you are trying to upload the wsp file in sandbox solution galleries.That is why you are getting this issue.Please deploy your solution directly via central admin .It will work .

or create a  new workflow as a sandbox solution and try again.

• Marked as answer by MikhailSP Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:51 AM
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:28 AM
  • Big thanks!!!

Now it works on my local machine.

But now, I have another question, is there any possibilities for deploying solutions to remote server (from web interface or in another way)? Am I right, that for activating solution in Central Administration, I have to add it by Power Shell? Could you clarify it for me, please?

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:05 AM