none
Drop Down Menu Not Working in Chrome

Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to get a local school district's website to work properly in a Chrome browser.  The drop down menu is the issue and it only happens in Chrome, the other browsers work fine.  The issue is after a user uses the side menu once, it is no longer clickable (viewable).  The drop down does not work when you hover the mouse over the menu.  I've looked in several forums but can't seem to find the right solution.  The website is www.paplv.org and just click on any of the links, after that first click the drop down doesn't show up anymore.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  

Thanks,

Scott

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:23 PM

All replies

• I'm having trouble identifying what version of SharePoint this is built in.  At a push, I'd say 2007 but the Randy Drisgill fix you've implemented for ActiveX suggests its 2010?  Can you clarify?

A good link to familiarise yourself with is this one, the Browser Support information for SharePoint 2010. The info you've posted above suggests a potential JavaScript issue.  Having had a look at the page, I don't think its a rendering issue.  Can you try loading this script into your masterpage.  A blog entry experiencing similar problems in SharePoint 2007 added a late loading variable to solve the issue.

<script type="text/javascript">
    $(function(){
        //Updates the stock SharePoint menu settings to allow flyouts,
        //seems to get intermittently improperly set on Chrome >= 15.
        flyoutsAllowed = true;
    });
    </script>

Additionally, I got a warning about the Silverlight player being out of data.  if I ignored this and then let the content play, the navigation works fine.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:00 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the reply.  I tried adding that code right before the ending body tag on the master but didn't have any luck.  I want to say I had tried that code before or something similar to it, it is getting hard to remember all the different fixes I've tried over the last couple days.  I will checkout those links now and see if I find anything.  The Silverlight warning is something I wasn't aware of, so I'll look at that as well.

As far as the version goes, it is my understanding they originally set the site up with SharePoint 2007.  They migrated to 2010 a couple of years ago, but the developer who originally set this up is long gone.

Anyway, if you have any other tips or things to try out, please let me know.  

Thanks again,

Scott

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:23 PM
  • I still can't seem to find any solutions to this.  Anyone? Anyone? Bueller.  
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:15 PM
  • Did you ever find a resolve? I am getting the same issue with 2010.  
    Friday, July 25, 2014 9:49 PM
  • I did not find a solution to the issue.  The school is switching over to SharePoint 2013 here shortly and hopefully this fixes the issue.  
    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 2:56 PM