none
Events Calendar Monthly View doesn't show items

Question

• The calendar (events) is loaded on the sites main page and displays one item and then shows 2 others on a day (June 6). There is a link on the 2 others ("2 more items") but when you click it to expand, they still do not display.  When you go into the list page it also does not display. However, if you change ot the day or month view, they display. What gives?

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 8:12 PM

All replies

• Did some more testing and it appears to be a bug alright.  If you have 5 all day or multiday events and no hourly events in a given week, this odd behavior in the monthly view happens where you see a click to expand x# of additional items and when you do there aren't any.  But if you change to daily or weekly they appear.  So you can either use daily and weekly and forget monthly views if you have more than 5 all day or multiday events and no hourly events during a given week, or you can add a bogus hourly event during weeks with more than 5 all day or multiday events. Wierd.....
    Thursday, June 07, 2007 4:35 PM
  •  sara12345 wrote:
    Did some more testing and it appears to be a bug alright. If you have 5 all day or multiday events and no hourly events in a given week, this odd behavior in the monthly view happens where you see a click to expand x# of additional items and when you do there aren't any. But if you change to daily or weekly they appear. So you can either use daily and weekly and forget monthly views if you have more than 5 all day or multiday events and no hourly events during a given week, or you can add a bogus hourly event during weeks with more than 5 all day or multiday events. Wierd.....

That is indeed weird, You should mark your reply as answer;-) (even though you solved it yourself)
    Friday, June 08, 2007 6:42 AM
  • Hi, I have about 5 all days event in the given week, and I also have some hourly events as well...but when i click to view more, it doesn't do it.  it kept saying 1more item, but i can't seem to view still.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 7:26 PM
  • Yes, it seems to not matter if you have over 5 all day events. ..... Any one else have any ideas?
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 12:20 AM
  • I am having the exact same problem.  I put up a blog post and will see what happens.  I also found this link: http://www.developerfood.com/calendar-expand-all-and-collapse-all/microsoft-public-sharepoint-general/73b02461-c913-4bc4-8d86-2586695aa6fc/article.aspx that may help you out, but did not help me out when I tried it.
    Monday, November 05, 2007 10:24 PM
  • I am having the same issue with the expand but it does not seem to be exclusively 5 all -day events. The other 4 are multiple day / All-day events.

I added the 5th all - day event and the issue occurred.

I added a 6th with all the same field settings the issue occurred.

I deleted the 5th leaving the 6th and it did not occur.

Restored from the 5th from the recycle bin and the issue occurred.

I also have two timed events.

Thursday, November 15, 2007 2:07 PM
  • I do not have a solution, I think this is a SharePoint bug personally, but it was nice to find someone else with the same unsolved issue.  I haven't been able to reproduce the bug perfectly, but here are my symptoms and possible reproduction conditions:

- When there is an event that only lasts for one day (it could be an all-day event or a single event that takes part of the day) and you try to expand it in the Calendar View, it won't always appear

- It is easiest to reproduce it by adding 4+ multi-day events to the same week as a single day event, where at least one of those multi-day events does not overlap the day that the single-day event is on.  That said, there may be other conditions that can reproduce it - if you have a heavily-used vacation calendar, odds are you will be able to reproduce this issue by visiting a busy vacation month where people take lots of different days (i.e. December)

- In some cases, expanding the calendar makes the event disappear altogether, in other cases, it will just keep displaying the "1 more item" link no matter how many times you try to expand it

If any solutions have been offered for this problem, I'd be glad to hear about them.

Thursday, May 08, 2008 4:29 PM
  • I am having the same issue.  Has anyone figured this out yet?
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 7:53 PM
  • Discovered this problem today.  Its quite annoying when in some cases you don't even get an indication there are additional items!!  You don't see them at all unless you go to week or day view.  This is a serious bug that I hope Microsoft will address.
    Friday, September 19, 2008 3:08 PM
  • I am having the same issue, I have WOSS 3.0 latest build and the exact same thing is happening over and over, in different calendars, items dont appear, it says there are more items and nothing shows up... this thread is months old, is someone from microsoft going to eventually answer this... HELLOOOOO we need some support attention here..

We have hundreds of Sharepoint Service users, and they are getting really sick of this... (and no we are not going to buy exchange to get this to work!)

Patrick
    PatMan
    Monday, October 13, 2008 8:34 PM
  • It is happening to us as well. Urgent that this be fixed. Bosses will not tollerate it.
    • Proposed as answer by Easygoin739 Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:26 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:29 PM
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:23 PM
  • Was there ever a solution made for this problem? if so what is it please.
    • Proposed as answer by Easygoin739 Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:23 PM
    Wednesday, April 08, 2009 6:33 PM
  • > That is indeed weird, You should mark your reply as answer;-) (even though you solved it yourself)

I disagree. At the time all she is saying is that "it appears to be a bug". she's obviously looking for someone else to confirm her findings. Marking it as an answer would stop many people from looking at the thread,

P.S. Belatedly moving this thread to Admin. It never was an SPD issue.

WSS FAQ sites: WSS 2.0: http://wssv2faq.mindsharp.com WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007: http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com
    Total list of WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007 Books (including foreign language titles) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/Lists/v3%20WSS%20FAQ/V%20Books.aspx
    • Proposed as answer by Easygoin739 Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:23 PM
    Thursday, April 09, 2009 3:43 AM
  • It is definitely a BUG!  Not documented anywhere!  After trial and error I finally solved this issue!  Install WSS v3 Spervice Pack 2, that solved my exact same issue!
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=79BADA82-C13F-44C1-BDC1-D0447337051B&displaylang=en
    • Proposed as answer by Easygoin739 Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:28 PM
    • Proposed as answer by jkelch Friday, June 12, 2009 5:59 PM
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:27 PM