none
Accidentally Deleted Relink Documents Web Part from repair.aspx

Question

• I accidentally deleted the relink documents list view web part from the repair.aspx (I was try to delete an added web part and deleted the wrong one).  Is there a way to get this back?  I need to do this because there are 7000 documents in the library, all of which are in workflow, so I don't want to move them to a new library.

Thanks!

rd

Monday, February 20, 2012 11:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you have another environment? If so refer to the repair.aspx from there and re-add the deleted wbpart to the exact same place in repair.aspx. Else find the location of repair.aspx and reupload the file from another environment.

Do you have good backup of your SharePoint Site Collection(or the content database) from before you deleted. If so, best practise would have been to restore the entire Site Collection.

Thanks, Soumya | MCITP, SharePoint 2010

Monday, February 20, 2012 12:58 PM
  • Thanks Soumya.  Overall, it appears that the repair.aspx file is intact.  The repair.aspx works fine for the other libraries on the site.  It just doesn't work for the one libarary that I deleted the web part form.  It looks like I only deleted the web part for that particular library.
    Monday, February 20, 2012 4:03 PM
  • I would reset the page to the original site definition. That will remove all customization.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-designer-help/reset-a-customized-page-to-the-site-definition-HA010174145.aspx

Mike

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:02 PM