none
Breadcrumbs Not Working in Custom Page Layout

Question

• I have used the following in my SharePoint 2013 custom page layout (based on an Article page) to provide a breadcrumb.  The problem is that it is only displaying the page title.  I would like it to display something like: "Home > My Sub Site > My Page".

<!--MS:<SharePoint:AjaxDelta id="DeltaPlaceHolderPageTitleInTitleArea" runat="server">-->
    <!--MS:<asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="PlaceHolderPageTitleInTitleArea" runat="server">-->
    	<!--MS:<SharePoint:SPTitleBreadcrumb runat="server" WelcomePageUsesWebTitle="false" DefaultParentLevelsDisplayed="3" ParentLevelsDisplayedInFolder="3" RenderCurrentNodeAsLink="true" SiteMapProvider="CurrentNavSiteMapProviderNoEncode" CentralAdminSiteMapProvider="SPXmlAdminContentMapProvider">-->
    	<!--ME:</SharePoint:SPTitleBreadcrumb>-->
    <!--ME:</asp:ContentPlaceHolder>-->
    <!--ME:</SharePoint:AjaxDelta>-->

I got this from a blog post on the new Sharepoint 2013 design manager process.

Thanks for any help,

Richard

mercredi 21 novembre 2012 00:56

Réponses

• Turns out the following snipit did the trick to give me the output I wanted:

<!--MS:<asp:sitemappath runat="server" sitemapproviders="SPSiteMapProvider,SPXmlContentMapProvider" rendercurrentnodeaslink="false" hideinteriorrootnodes="true">-->
    <!--ME:</asp:sitemappath>-->

• Marqué comme réponse Richard MM mardi 27 novembre 2012 02:57
    mardi 27 novembre 2012 02:57

Toutes les réponses

• Turns out the following snipit did the trick to give me the output I wanted:

<!--MS:<asp:sitemappath runat="server" sitemapproviders="SPSiteMapProvider,SPXmlContentMapProvider" rendercurrentnodeaslink="false" hideinteriorrootnodes="true">-->
    <!--ME:</asp:sitemappath>-->

• Marqué comme réponse Richard MM mardi 27 novembre 2012 02:57
    mardi 27 novembre 2012 02:57
  • Thank you. This was driving me crazy.

I don't suppose you've also managed to overcome the problem with the global nav always displaying the root node?

<asp:SiteMapDataSource ShowStartingNode="False" SiteMapProvider="SPNavigationProvider" ID="topSiteMap" runat="server">

If at first you don't succeed, ask an MVP.

jeudi 7 février 2013 23:33
  • Hi There,

Sure,...

replace:

<SharePoint:DelegateControl runat="server"
    ControlId="TopNavigationDataSource"> 
      <Template_Controls> 
       <asp:SiteMapDataSource 
         ShowStartingNode="False" 
         SiteMapProvider="SPNavigationProvider" 
         id="topSiteMap" 
         runat="server" 
         StartingNodeUrl="sid:1002"/> 
      </Template_Controls> 
     </SharePoint:DelegateControl>

with:

<asp:SiteMapDataSource 
         ShowStartingNode="False" 
         SiteMapProvider="CombinedNavSiteMapProvider" 
         id="topSiteMap"   runat="server"/>

The issue is in the SiteMapProvider... The CombinedNaveSiteMapProvider will do the trick... 
    mercredi 27 février 2013 14:36