none
Object reference not set to an instance of an object when attempting to Configure App URLs

Question

• I've created an App Catalog, and can go into all of the App Management pages in Central Administration except for Configure App URLs.  If I click on that I get: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".  I've included the log entry below.  I have the app management service running and have rebooted the server.  Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks!!

11/20/2012 16:24:51.45     w3wp.exe (0x03D8)                           0x0A50    SharePoint Foundation             General                           8nca    Medium      Application error when access /_admin/ConfigureAppSettings.aspx, Error=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.ConfigureAppSettingsPage.DisableChangesAndDisplayMessage()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.ConfigureAppSettingsPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)    9521e39b-7271-2057-9899-bdc3027a47e8
    11/20/2012 16:24:51.46     w3wp.exe (0x03D8)                           0x0A50    SharePoint Foundation             Runtime                           tkau    Unexpected    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.ConfigureAppSettingsPage.DisableChangesAndDisplayMessage()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.ConfigureAppSettingsPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)    9521e39b-7271-2057-9899-bdc3027a47e8

mardi 20 novembre 2012 22:32

Toutes les réponses

• Hi

Assuming you have configured the DNS and other services as described in the below link

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fp179923(v=office.15).aspx  (Configuring DNS, App Management Service etc. for developing On Premise development)

or

http://www.ashokraja.me/post/Develop-SharePoint-2013-Napa-App-In-Local-Dev-Environment-Configuring-On-Premises-without-DNS.aspx  (Configuring On Premise without DNS by Disabling loop back adapter settings)

Once you have completed this, if you get the above error, check if you have created 

"Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Subscription Settings Service Application" and its Proxy application. (This is done by the set of PowerShell Scripts provided  

$account = Get-SPManagedAccount "domain\user" 
    $appPoolSubSvc = New-SPServiceApplicationPool -Name SettingsServiceAppPool -Account $account
    $appPoolAppSvc = New-SPServiceApplicationPool -Name AppServiceAppPool -Account $account
    $appSubSvc = New-SPSubscriptionSettingsServiceApplication –ApplicationPool $appPoolSubSvc –Name SettingsServiceApp –DatabaseName SettingsServiceDB 
    $proxySubSvc = New-SPSubscriptionSettingsServiceApplicationProxy –ServiceApplication $appSubSvc
    $appAppSvc = New-SPAppManagementServiceApplication -ApplicationPool $appPoolAppSvc -Name AppServiceApp -DatabaseName AppServiceDB
    $proxyAppSvc = New-SPAppManagementServiceApplicationProxy -ServiceApplication $appAppSvc

If you cannot see this application in the Service Applications page, you will get the Object reference error in ConfigureAppSettings page.

Hope this helps.

Regards Ranga www.sharepointfrontier.com

jeudi 22 novembre 2012 05:48
  • Hi Coder jones

Hope you have found out the fix by now.   For the benefit of others who might face the problem

The object reference error happens if you directly to the app configuration page without creating service applications and corresponding proxies for App Management Service and Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Subscription Settings Service. Below are the steps to fix the issue

1. Start the App Management Service from central administration.
    2. Start the Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Subscription Settings Service from central administration.
    3. Configure the App Management service application and proxy from central administration or PowerShell
    4. Configure the Subscription Settings service application and proxy from PowerShell

Detail steps for configuring apps are available in the technet article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fp161236.aspx

Regards

Sriram.V

http://sharepointrapt.blogspot.in/

mardi 8 avril 2014 07:12