none
How to restrict Folder creation in MOSS 2007 for Document library?

Pertanyaan

• Dear All,

We are working on MOSS 2007 document library. we have created Custom Folder Content types. users are having Contribute permission. They should not allow to create folders, but they can upload documents.

I tried with the custom level permission. but if I remove Add Items for List. they cannot able upload the files also.

How this can be possible?

Thanks & Regards,
    Krishna.
    • Dipindahkan oleh Mike Walsh FIN 05 Maret 2010 9:53 As also the reply indicates, this is not a programming question but an admin one. Moving it to the admin forum (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    05 Maret 2010 8:50

Jawaban

• What Shrivallabh suggested is fine and OOB solution.
    To meet your requirement write custom code,to create folders and manage access there (give only to Admin).
    Thanks & Regards, Neerubee
    05 Maret 2010 10:53
  • Hi Krishna,

I agree with Neerubee. So your requirement could not meet with out of box solution.
    You have to write the Webpart which will meet your requirement.

Thanks Shrivallabh Kulkarni
    05 Maret 2010 11:25

Semua Balasan

• HI,

Go to

1.Document Library Setting -->Advanced settings --> Folders ( Display "New Folder" command on the New menu? ) click on no radibox.

2. If you attach folder content on the Document library then remove it
    Document Library Setting -->Advanced settings  -->Content Types -->Remove your content type from Document library.

Hope this will help you.
    05 Maret 2010 9:22
  • Dear Shrivallabh,

Thank you very much for your response. if we do the above process no one will get the folder creation option.atleast person should get access to created folders. How can we do it?

Thanks & Regards,
    Krishna.
    05 Maret 2010 10:40
  • What Shrivallabh suggested is fine and OOB solution.
    To meet your requirement write custom code,to create folders and manage access there (give only to Admin).
    Thanks & Regards, Neerubee
    05 Maret 2010 10:53
  • Hi Krishna,

I agree with Neerubee. So your requirement could not meet with out of box solution.
    You have to write the Webpart which will meet your requirement.

05 Maret 2010 11:25
  • I understand this is extremely late to the party, but with the hope this will help someone: there is a solution that is out of the box.  I was attempting this myself for the past few weeks and realized that it is actually much easier than I was attempting.  My issue was they want all users to have create/edit/delete permissions on the doc lib, but restrict the folder creation to a select few. To do this:
     First turn on folder creation and copy the URL of the folder creation page. 
    Then create a new user group on the site (or site parent) and add the users to get the special permission. 
    Now, on the list page go to edit --> and create a Content editor web part with a link to the folder creation page. Now, at the bottom set the user group in the "target Audience". 

Turn off folder creation again and you are done!
    This is not fullproof, as any user with the URL to the creation page will be able to access it, but with the web part exposed only to those who need to create folders, it is much easier than trying to accomplish this programatically. 

15 Juni 2012 21:21
  • Sol1d is perfectly correct.  this works in sharepoint 2010 as well.
    21 Juni 2012 13:59
  • I like the sound of this solution, however am using SP2010 and not too sure what the folder creation URL is?  Can someone please explain where this is, I only see a new folder button in the ribbon

Thanks

18 Oktober 2012 11:38