none
Upload File with webservice

Pertanyaan

• I want to upload a file to sharepoint without using the API or a custom webservice.  I have tried to use Copy.CopyIntoItems() to upload files, but when the destination is in the "Meeting Workspace", it's failed and I got the error "The destination is in a Meeting Workspace, which does not support this action." 
    I know I can user HTTP PUT to do that, but is there any other method to upload files to any specified document library with sharepoint webservice?
    11 April 2008 5:59

Semua Balasan

• Did you ever figure this out?  If not, do you have an example of how to use HTTP PUT?  Thank you.

Lindsay L. Dreyer

10 Mei 2012 16:38
  • Hi, 

Did you figure out this problem. I am also not able to upload documents to meeting workspace site in SharePoint 2010.

10 Juli 2012 2:21
  • Hi Prasath,

Thanks for your quick response.

I am having the same code, and it is working for all sites except meeting workspace type of site.

In a meeting workspace site, when you create a meeting, it will generate the new instance id folder within all libraries. I am also including that folder in my destination URL parameter of CopyIntoItems() method.

for e.g.
    http://sitecollection/teamsite/meetingworkspacesite/1/documentlibrary/filename.pdf

Correct me, if I am wrong.

Thanks, Rinkal

10 Juli 2012 13:19
  • If web service does not work, you can try uploading using WebDav Protocol. The webclient class will definitely work.

WebClient oWebClient = new WebClient();

oWebClient.UseDefaultCredentials = true;
    byte[] bFile = System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(@"C:\Test\WEB315.wmv");
    string ulr = @"http://lt010593/Shared Documents/WEB315.wmv";
    System.Uri oUri = new System.Uri(ulr);

oWebClient.UploadDataAsync(oUri, "PUT", bFile);
    oWebClient.UploadDataCompleted += new UploadDataCompletedEventHandler(oWebClient_UploadDataCompleted);

Sundar Narasiman

10 Juli 2012 16:14