none
Buttons in the Body of an Email???

回答

• Hi Bharthi,

Thanks for the clarifications. You have described your requirements clearly and it looks like a typical OOTB approval workflow with minor modification (update a specific column in your list). But instead of including two buttons in the email, the typical approach is for the email to include a link to a task form. Inside the form there is a 'approve' and a 'reject' button. This will achieve what you want to do and is the standard way. I suggest that you install and try out 'approval' workflow (from the SDK) and you will be clear.

The approach that you are thinking may not be doable because the buttons in the email cannot send the event to workflow to do the column update.

Frank

2009年3月6日 12:58
  • Hi Bharti,

Do you have the Sharepoint Designer. If yes, Try this....

Step 1) Create new workflow in SPD 2007.

Step 2) Set workflow kickoff when new Item created.

Step 3) In Action Create a task for the item Approver. "Collect data from user"

Step 4) This will form a Content type in the tasklist put a choice filed there. 

Do you want to approve this item
        •     Yes
        • No

Step 5) If approver says "No", Just delete the item... you can evey log or updtae loads of stuff in the list or based on approval u can create ne item..etc.. just play around there is 95% of WF that can be created by SPD 2007 its a cool WF creator...

Regards
    Manu Kaura

2009年3月6日 18:00

すべての返信

• Even though you can include buttons in your email, you may not be able to trap the 'accept/reject' event and update your workflow. The normal approach is to use a task edit form
    2009年3月5日 11:23
  •  

Thanks Frank!!!
    Im sorry but i feel i didn't understand properly..

Let me give you the reqd info...

I have a list in my Sharepoint site. Whenever a new item enters into that,i need a mail to be sent (with two buttons) to some person.And based on button which is clicked ..a column of the list should be updated.

Can this be done?

I think i am clear..

2009年3月6日 8:55
  • Hi Bharthi,

Thanks for the clarifications. You have described your requirements clearly and it looks like a typical OOTB approval workflow with minor modification (update a specific column in your list). But instead of including two buttons in the email, the typical approach is for the email to include a link to a task form. Inside the form there is a 'approve' and a 'reject' button. This will achieve what you want to do and is the standard way. I suggest that you install and try out 'approval' workflow (from the SDK) and you will be clear.

The approach that you are thinking may not be doable because the buttons in the email cannot send the event to workflow to do the column update.

Frank

2009年3月6日 12:58
  • Hi Bharti,

Do you have the Sharepoint Designer. If yes, Try this....

Step 1) Create new workflow in SPD 2007.

Step 2) Set workflow kickoff when new Item created.

Step 3) In Action Create a task for the item Approver. "Collect data from user"

Step 4) This will form a Content type in the tasklist put a choice filed there. 

Do you want to approve this item
        •     Yes
        • No

Step 5) If approver says "No", Just delete the item... you can evey log or updtae loads of stuff in the list or based on approval u can create ne item..etc.. just play around there is 95% of WF that can be created by SPD 2007 its a cool WF creator...

Regards
    Manu Kaura

2009年3月6日 18:00
  • Thanks..
    Iam trying to use Infopath form to have two buttons..
    How can i link this form to the sharepoint list..where i need to update the columns..
    2009年3月11日 11:46