none
SharePoint 2007 Custom Form

Вопрос

• Hello all,

I've created a new list in SharePoint 2007 (specifically EPM), we'll call this list 'A' and I'm trying to add a custom radio button list based upon another list, we'll call this list 'B' in SharePoint.  I'm able to create the datasource connection to list 'B' just fine, as well as display the radio button list with the appropriate columns.  However, I'm unable to have the values for the radio button list submit through the form and update the appropriate column in list 'A'.  How does my form know which columns and values to pass into and update in list 'A'?  I apologize for this elementary question, but I'm relatively new to custom forms development in SharePoint.

10 февраля 2012 г. 14:39

Ответы

• Hello Mercury,

Steps to do:

1. Add a DataFormWebPart to new aspx page with list A as Data Source.

2. Replace the oob FormField control with Toolbox->Data View RadioButtonList.

3. Add list B as a data source control into the page from Data Source Library.

4. Bind the RadioButtonList to specific column in List B.

You may need to change Save button to Form Action Button in order to bring user back to list view when Save is done.

If above is not enough to help you, please consider open a support case with Microsoft -

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

The option you will need under this would be the Advisory services option, you also have the option of finding a Microsoft Gold Partner to work on this for you.

However, other members of the community may still have encountered the issue you're seeing, and have a solution to offer!

Best regards,

Jing Wang | Microsoft Online Community Support

28 февраля 2012 г. 20:14

Все ответы

• Hello Mercury,

Steps to do:

1. Add a DataFormWebPart to new aspx page with list A as Data Source.

2. Replace the oob FormField control with Toolbox->Data View RadioButtonList.

3. Add list B as a data source control into the page from Data Source Library.

4. Bind the RadioButtonList to specific column in List B.

You may need to change Save button to Form Action Button in order to bring user back to list view when Save is done.

If above is not enough to help you, please consider open a support case with Microsoft -

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

The option you will need under this would be the Advisory services option, you also have the option of finding a Microsoft Gold Partner to work on this for you.

However, other members of the community may still have encountered the issue you're seeing, and have a solution to offer!

Best regards,

Jing Wang | Microsoft Online Community Support

28 февраля 2012 г. 20:14
  • Rather than customizing the form, you can also achieve this through a simple SharePoint Designer workflow (updating List B based on data submitted in List A), unless I am misunderstanding your requirement.
    3 мая 2012 г. 13:30