none
How to start administrating SharePoint 2007?

問題

• I'm an Applications programmer and DBA, and was informed last month I am now the new SharePoint administrator at my company. I've spent the last month reading about the application. I knew nothing about SharePoint just 2 months ago.
    The application was never managed. SharePoint was installed by an IT network administrator, and then turned over to business users (clerks). Of course all personnel who were involved in the setup or maintenance left some years ago. No notes, credentials or documentation have survived. A couple of months ago it came to light that SharePoint has been on auto pilot for years. So now I am a SharePoint administrator have been given full admin rights to the server that SharePoint is housed on.  I do not have SharePoint credentials to sign into the Central Administration Operations page, I'm not sure they ever existed. All the books I have read have the Central Administration Operations page as a starting point. Yes this is a real mess, but without the challenges it would not be fun. Although this is a difficult task, there are solutions. Right now, I need a guide to help me get started.
    1 - Can anyone help me access the Central Administration Operations page?
    2 - Do you have any basic starting tasks (like backups) that I should look at first?
    3 - What books are good operational books? I have the MS Office SharePoint Server 2007 book.

• 已編輯 Mike Walsh FIN 2012年2月14日 下午 10:37 Original title didn't say what was needed. For different questions three different posts would have been better.
    2012年2月14日 下午 08:12

所有回覆

•  Hi Ron,
    1. There is Operations top link bar in Central Administration by default and its URL is http:// your Central Administration Site:port/_admin/operations.aspx. Can you get in this URL? If no, what error message you get? If it is Access Denied error, this should be a permission issue.  
    2. Here are some official references about backup and restore SharePoint for you.
      http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262412(v=office.12).aspx
      http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-designer-help/back-up-restore-or-move-a-sharepoint-site-HA010069939.aspx
    3. Here are many Official Documentation and training courses and videos for SharePoint 2007, and I would like suggest you to start from installation documents.
      http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/sharepoint-server-2007-training-courses-HA010235858.aspx

Thanks.

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

2012年2月15日 上午 10:40
  • Hello Emir,

Thanks for your responce. I know this looks like an impossable task, thats only because we have not figured it out just yet.

1 - I tried accessing the URL, after changing the server name and also tried using our intranet domain name. I am getting the 'Access is denied' 'Error message 401.2 : Unauthorized :...' message for both attempts. I have again confirmed that I have full admin authurity on this server with all rights. I must be missing something. Any suggestions? Any area for the 'missing' right that I should be looking at?

2 - I confirmed the URL's for the SharePoint Backup's and Restores. I will read them today. Both look very helpful.

3 - I really like videos, I remember more info from videos than print.

Thank you again.

Ron

Ron

2012年2月15日 下午 03:39
  • Hi Ron,

Please go to the server with SharPoint installed > Start > Administrator Tools > SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration, do you have permission to open this site? If not, please go to DC > Add you account to Domain Admins group, or go to SharePoint server > add you account to administrator group > reset IIS and test again.

Best regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

2012年2月16日 上午 02:14
  • That appears to be part of the issue. I now have access to IIS on the SharePoint server. I still cannot gain access to SharePoint 3.0 Central Adminstration.

The only item that has a _admin section is labeled "SharePoint Central Administration v3", however under _admin there is not a operations.aspx entry

In IIS we cannot find a operations.aspx entry, we looked all over it.

Ron

• 已編輯 Ron PPGC 2012年2月17日 下午 08:33
    2012年2月17日 下午 08:06
  • Hi,

Please go to Start > Administrative Tools > SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard, keep every step default, and then finish the wizard. If there appears error during configuration, please show us the error message. If no errors, please restart IIS by click Start > Run, and type in iisreset /noforce and click OK. If IIS restart successfully, it will show like this:

Attempting stop…
    Internet services successfully stopped
    Attempting start…
    Internet services successfully restarted

Now go to Start > Active Directory Users and Computers, create a new user in Users section, then add the user a member of Domain Admins and Administrators. Then go to SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration to login with the user account.

Thanks.

Come on!

2012年2月18日 上午 02:48
  • This did not help either. After finding the SharePoint Install logs from 2007-06, the SharePoint Central Administration Home Page was unprovisioned during the install. I will need to choose the repair option on the install. But many of the questions need awnsers that I do not have.

Also find the SQL Server on a virtual server, I just got access to it, so I am starting to look around the SQL database.

• 已編輯 Ron PPGC 2012年2月22日 下午 06:22
    2012年2月22日 下午 06:21
  • Just tried the wizard, I still have authorization issues. I will update this once we are part that, and I run the wizard again.

Thank you for your assistance.

Ron

Ron

2012年3月1日 下午 06:55