none
SQLSRV for 64bit PHP: now that there is an official x64 release, when can we start connecting to sql server?

Question

• Now that there has been a 64bit release from the official PHP source, is there a 64bit sqlsrv driver?
    If not quite yet, what's the lead time?

$0.02: As a little side note, a huge portion of web dev's on a MS OS run WAMPSERVER, which has had a 64bit version for years now.  Personally, I've steered projects away from MS DB solutions countless times just to avoid the hassle of rebuilding my dev env ... and I have no delusions about being something special ... if I'm doing it, surely there are countless other dev's out there doing the same:)    I've always found it ironic that I can only use a MS storage product from my non-MS OS's.

Anyhow ... back to the topic at hand.
    Although the first release of php64 from the official source is for v5.5, please consider that many dev's have many projects in other (older) versions. Personally, I've got plenty of code base in 5.4.

A speedy reply would be greatly appreciated.
    I have a project on the block right now, and MS sqlsrv is the requested DB.
    If I don't need to worry about steering this one away from MS sql server too, that'd be nice ... just one less thing on my hit list.

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 3:47 PM

All replies