none
SSIS 2012 VB Script Task

Question

• When I create a VB Script task in SSIS 2012 and click edit script the script editor comes up completely blank.  If do the same thing with C# the script editor comes up with a template to plug in my C# code.

Any idea why the VB script template isn't showing up? Is there a setting I can change or something?  It works fine in SSIS 2008. Thanks!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:23 PM

Answers

• There could be several things, 1st ensure you always run VS10 (shell) as Administrator.

But I suspects the VSTA engine is broken, thus your option thereafter would be to re-install.

Arthur My Blog

• Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Monday, September 24, 2012 6:25 AM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:33 PM

All replies

• There could be several things, 1st ensure you always run VS10 (shell) as Administrator.

But I suspects the VSTA engine is broken, thus your option thereafter would be to re-install.

Arthur My Blog

• Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Monday, September 24, 2012 6:25 AM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:33 PM
  • I reinstalled VS 2010 and SQL Server 2012 and I'm still having the same issue.
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:14 PM
  • I hate to say you need to re-install the OS, seems that the roaming image profile is corrupted on your machine.

Arthur My Blog

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 2:23 AM
  • I originally tried to just reinstall VS 2010, I went ahead and actually uninstalled it and reinstalled it with SP1 and now everything works :)
    Thursday, October 04, 2012 1:45 PM
  • any one has anwer for edit buttion error on script task of SSIS 2012? ( thanks ahead )

I have been search this issue whole day, and every where is guessing answers. I understand the every one/where has dif situation. And most concern there may be too many versions, softwares... on same machine

BUT mine is cleanest install of SQL 2012, I have 3 new servers install SQL 2012 from scratch, clean, pure , not old stuff, not other stuff.  NONE of server we can simply edit script task.  There got to be answer from Microsoft!

• Edited by amy Yah Wednesday, January 02, 2013 8:30 PM
    Wednesday, January 02, 2013 8:30 PM