none
Restoring/Synchronizing database with ROLAP aggregations

Question

• After synchronising a database with ROLAP aggregations it no longer knows that that aggregations are there. 

I run a simple SELECT query on the measure group with the ROLAP partition that hits the aggregation. I get the following error:

Server: The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.
    Errors in the high-level relational engine. The data source view does not contain a definition for the 'Agg_ScriptLive_12_36_36_39_39_1' table or view. The Source property may not have been set.

When I look at the at the database that view is there, and the original SSAS database still works. This issue is also present if you perform a backup and restore of the SSAS database.
    Processing the ROLAP partition again on the new database resolves the issue, but this means that the existing indexed views that are used by the original database are dropped so I would need to do a reprocess of the ROLAP partition on the source database. 

Is there anyway to correct this issue without reprocessing the ROLAP partions?

Databases are running on SQL Server 2012 SP1

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:02 AM