none
Error in creating the package

Question

• Hi,

I encounter this pop up error message 'Package creation stopped due to Driver failing Signability test'when i try to pack my driver on one OS.

Have someone encounter same issue as mine? What seems to be the problem? I only selected in the signing options the 'Do Not Sign'.

Thank you.

Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:33 AM

Answers

• This error is produced when one did not add the drivers properly. When you click on "Add Drivers", select the proper test targets for the driver you are adding and also select all the locales and then proceed for package creation, if there are green check marks against the drivers you added, then it means Signability passed.

Thanks,

Nilesh.

Monday, April 15, 2013 9:22 AM
  • You should also check the "Signability Results" context menu item for the driver failing which is failing.  This will give the specific reason that the driver package is failing signability.

Paul - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 4:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I encounter this pop up error message 'Package creation stopped due to Driver failing Signability test' when i try to pack my driver on one OS.

Have someone encounter same issue as mine? What seems to be the problem? I only selected in the signing options the 'Do Not Sign'.

Thank you.

• Merged by SSISJoost Saturday, April 13, 2013 6:35 AM duplicate post in other forum
    Friday, April 12, 2013 5:50 AM
  • Is this SQL Server SSIS related?

Arthur My Blog

Friday, April 12, 2013 4:07 PM
  • Hi,

Please disregard question above, this is supposedly to a different forum. I already transfer this question to the correct forum.

Thank you.

Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:34 AM
  • This error is produced when one did not add the drivers properly. When you click on "Add Drivers", select the proper test targets for the driver you are adding and also select all the locales and then proceed for package creation, if there are green check marks against the drivers you added, then it means Signability passed.

Thanks,

Nilesh.

Monday, April 15, 2013 9:22 AM
  • You should also check the "Signability Results" context menu item for the driver failing which is failing.  This will give the specific reason that the driver package is failing signability.

Paul - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 4:43 PM
  • Thank you Nilesh and Paul. I was able to distinguish now the source of the error.
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:41 AM
  • I see this also.  I do not see any green check or red x in the signability column.  The Signability Results option is greyed out too.  I have added the folder where the driver files are stored.  Any reason why the menu option is not available?
    Monday, December 02, 2013 5:10 PM
  • One thing to consider is that signing a package and Signability results are two different things. Signing a package is putting your "signature" on the package. Signability results determine whether the contents of the package are setup correctly to receive the Microsoft certification.

Yeah, the wording in studio has something to be desired!

Can you be more specific on the error message and what you did (i.e. added driver, selected "do not sign" or "sign", etc.)? Also, does the windows event viewer give additional information?

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, December 02, 2013 6:04 PM
    Owner
  • Hi,

I encountered this error recently because of my driver's version date.  It was our first Windows 8.1 submission and we had not updated the date.  This was particularly irritating because I had completed all of the HCK testing and this issue was not caught by the suite.  Is there a standalone version of the Signability test that I can use to verify my drivers?  I can't afford to wait until the end of the process to catch these things.

Let me know.  Thanks!

Friday, December 06, 2013 5:33 PM