none
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Question

• I found what was causing the error below, which was odd.  I had an embedded object in my report header.  When I shrunk the size of the report header to be the height of the embedded object or just one grid line bigger, I would receive the error below when exporting it to excel.  When I would expand the report header, the error would go away when exporting to excel.  I hope this helps.

By the way, I'm on Windows XP, Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.50727 SP1, SQL Server Reporting Services Designers Version 9.00.3042.00

Call to RenderNext( '/Finance/Epicor/AR Aging' )

w3wp!reportrendering!7!04/23/2009-11:49:34:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.WrapperReportRenderingException: An error occurred during rendering of the report., ;

Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.WrapperReportRenderingException: An error occurred during rendering of the report. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportRendering.ReportRenderingException: An error occurred during rendering of the report. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index

at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelRenderer.ExcelRenderer.RenderImage(Image image, PageTableGrid pageTableGrid, PageReportItemInfo reportItemInfo, PageCell pageCell, Int32 row, Int32 col, Boolean addHeaderRows)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelRenderer.ExcelRenderer.RenderGridCell(PageLayout pageLayout, Int32 row, Int32 col, Hashtable& duplicateItemsTable, Boolean addHeaderRows, ReportItem parentItem, Hashtable riReferenceTable)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.BIFFUtility.WorkSheet.WriteRowBlocksAndCells(ExcelRenderer excelRenderer, Stream stream, UInt32 indexBeginOffsetPosition, Int32 minCol, Int32 maxCol)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.BIFFUtility.BaseWorkSheet.WriteWorkSheet(ExcelRenderer excelRenderer, Stream stream, Int32 offset)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelRenderer.ExcelRenderer.RenderPageLayout(PageLayout pageLayout, Int32& currentPageNumber, Stack& stack)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelRenderer.ExcelRenderer.RenderPageCollection(PageCollection pageCollection, Int32& currentPageNumber, Stack& stack, PageLayout& lastPageLayout)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelRenderer.ExcelRenderer.GenerateWorkSheets()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelRenderer.ExcelRenderer.GenerateMainSheet()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelRenderer.ExcelRenderer.RenderExcelWorkBook(CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelRenderer.ExcelRenderer.ProcessReport(CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelRenderer.ExcelRenderer.Render(Report report, NameValueCollection reportServerParameters, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, NameValueCollection clientCapabilities, EvaluateHeaderFooterExpressions evaluateHeaderFooterExpressions, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelRenderer.ExcelRenderer.Render(Report report, NameValueCollection reportServerParameters, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, NameValueCollection clientCapabilities, EvaluateHeaderFooterExpressions evaluateHeaderFooterExpressions, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RenderSnapshot(IRenderingExtension renderer, CreateReportChunk createChunkCallback, RenderingContext rc, GetResource getResourceCallback)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

w3wp!webserver!7!04/23/2009-11:49:34:: e ERROR: Reporting Services error Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.RSException: An error occurred during rendering of the report. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.WrapperReportRenderingException: An error occurred during rendering of the report. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportRendering.ReportRenderingException: An error occurred during rendering of the report. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index

Friday, April 24, 2009 2:50 PM