none
how do i achieve scroll down facility in SSRS 2008 r2?

Question

• Hi , i got one new requirement like 
    i need to display 4 chart reports in each page , for this i need to provide scrolling facility at the left hand side .

usually if our table report is too big then automatically report will provide scroll down facility at the right hand side  to see the data from top to bottom .
    but scrolling down facility is not coming for chart reports

franklinsentil

Saturday, August 24, 2013 1:01 AM

Answers

• Hi Frank,

In your description, "if our table report is too big then automatically report will provide scroll down facility at the right hand side  to see the data from top to bottom" which is a scroll down facility for the report instead of tablix control. In Reporting Services, there is no any scroll down facility for report controls. In your scenario, if the height of the chart control is too big, then report will provide scroll down facility at the right hand. And if you dispaly 4 charts on 4 pages, you can use the Page navigation controls on the toolbar to go to any page.

If you have any questions, pelase feel free to ask.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Frank,

In your description, "if our table report is too big then automatically report will provide scroll down facility at the right hand side  to see the data from top to bottom" which is a scroll down facility for the report instead of tablix control. In Reporting Services, there is no any scroll down facility for report controls. In your scenario, if the height of the chart control is too big, then report will provide scroll down facility at the right hand. And if you dispaly 4 charts on 4 pages, you can use the Page navigation controls on the toolbar to go to any page.

If you have any questions, pelase feel free to ask.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:47 PM
  • Many thanks Charlie  for your Response .

Now my requirement got changed now i have to display 10 charts in single page only instead of 2 charts per page .

how do i fix it.

franklinsentil

Friday, August 30, 2013 12:19 AM
  • Hi Frank,

In this case, you can insert a rectangle to the design surface, checked the option "keep contents together on a single  page, if possible" on the Rectangle Properties window. And then drag all the 10 charts to this rectangle. In this case, all the charts will dispaly in single page under the soft page-break renders. However the chart will break into multiple pages depend on the size of the rectangle under the hard page-break renders.

• Soft page-break renderers   Soft page-break renderers maintain the report layout and formatting. The resulting file is optimized for screen-based viewing and delivery, such as on a Web page. The available soft page-break renderers are: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Web archive (MHTML), and HTML.
    • Hard page-break renderers   Hard page-break renderers maintain the report layout and formatting. The resulting file is optimized for a consistent printing experience, or to view the report online in a book format. The available hard page-break renderers are supported: TIFF and PDF.

Reference:Page Layout and Rendering (Report Builder and SSRS)

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Friday, August 30, 2013 1:36 AM
  • Many Many Thanks  Charlie Liao ,

it is very use full to me . if possible please guide me how do i proceed to the below scenario .

As per your instruction i can able to fit all the Chart Reports in a single page .

but my requirement is :

i provided one facility to the user  to show the required report based on selection  , here issues is suppose out of 10 user selected 1,3,7 Reports then i have to show only 1,3,7 Chart Reports but it is showing the Reports with gaps . so my requirement is if users selects  first and last report also it should show the  2 reports on top of the layout and the remaining space should hide automatically .

franklinsentil

Thursday, September 05, 2013 4:42 AM