none
SSAS :Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Dim Table', Name of 'Dim Table' was being processed.

Question

• HI,

I am newbie to SSIS.I tried to create the cube,but I am getting below error:

Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.
     OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Invalid column name 'SicCode'.; 42S22.
     Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Dim Tenant', Name of 'Dim Tenant' was being processed.
     Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'SuitID' attribute of the 'Dim Tenant' dimension from the 'MRI_Cube_INT1' database was being processed.
     Server: The operation has been cancelled.
     OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Operation canceled; HY008.
     Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Date', Name of 'Date' was being processed.
     Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Pk Date' attribute of the 'Date' dimension from the 'MRI_Cube_INT1' database was being processed.
     Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Dim Bldg', Name of 'Dim Building' was being processed.
     Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Building Name' attribute of the 'Dim Building' dimension from the 'MRI_Cube_INT1' database was being processed.
     Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Dim BrkPoint', Name of 'Dim BrkPoint' was being processed.
     Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'BrkPnt1' attribute of the 'Dim BrkPoint' dimension from the 'MRI_Cube_INT1' database was being processed.
     Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Dim Bldg', Name of 'Dim Building' was being processed.
     Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Strategy' attribute of the 'Dim Building' dimension from the 'MRI_Cube_INT1' database was being processed.
     Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Dim BrkPoint', Name of 'Dim BrkPoint' was being processed.
     Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Perc3' attribute of the 'Dim BrkPoint' dimension from the 'MRI_Cube_INT1' database was being processed.
     Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Building City' attribute of the 'Dim Building' dimension from the 'MRI_Cube_INT1' database was being processed.
     Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Start Date' attribute of the 'Dim BrkPoint' dimension from the 'MRI_Cube_INT1' database was being processed.

Can anyone guide us how to identify like these error and how to fix them in cube:

Early reponse is appreciable

Regards,

sudha

• Edited by lakshmisudha Wednesday, October 03, 2012 11:02 AM
    Wednesday, October 03, 2012 10:35 AM

Answers

•           Hi Sudha,

Yes it could be with other dimention tables also but its definitely with SICCODE column first as processing engine did not find it while processing. As it processes parallely it may raise errors for other dim tables also which may be be dependant to the root error.

Best way to deal with such issue to start recolving it one by one from top to bottom.

I have always ussd same approach and have resolved such issues many times, worked for me :)

Heighly recommend that first resolve the SICCODE issue and try processing gain.

Cheers, Ashish

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 1:19 PM

All replies

•      Hi Sudha,

It Seems "Dim Tenant" table does not have "SicCode" column. thiese muct be some table scema change. Can you chek on that.

Cheers, Ashish

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 12:12 PM
  • Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your reply.Here my probelem is not only with SICCODE column with DimTenant,but also with other Dimension tables.Could you let me know why these kind of error occurs while processing the cube and also let me know how to recitfy them.

Regards,

sudha

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 1:12 PM
  •           Hi Sudha,

Yes it could be with other dimention tables also but its definitely with SICCODE column first as processing engine did not find it while processing. As it processes parallely it may raise errors for other dim tables also which may be be dependant to the root error.

Best way to deal with such issue to start recolving it one by one from top to bottom.

I have always ussd same approach and have resolved such issues many times, worked for me :)

Heighly recommend that first resolve the SICCODE issue and try processing gain.

Cheers, Ashish

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 1:19 PM
  • Sure Ashish.Thanks for your advice.I will make a move accordingly.

sudha

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 2:23 PM