none
Cannot connect to a datasource error

Question

• I have been working on a report for a while now and just when I go to deploy it, the bloody thing stops working.

I have been testing it mainly under my account (Admin + Domain Admin) and peridocally under another admins account. I have also been testing it under a dummy normal account (domain user only) and up until now it has worked fine.

Originally it did not work although I found that if I Rebuilt & Redeployed the project to the server and then started Reporting services and selected the datasource1 and supplied my credentials and checked Use as Windows Credentials and also the Impersonate check, it all worked perfectly.

However now this does not appear to be the case

The exact error I get is

'An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
    Cannot create a connection to data source 'DashboardSQL-2K5'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
    For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors'

The connection string under the properties of datasource1 are

INTEGRATED SECURITY=SSPI;INITIAL CATALOG=DashboardSQL-2K5;DATA SOURCE=XXXXXXXX;

XXXXXXXXX is obviously the name of my server blanked out 

Please help as I wish to deploy this report and it is just sods law that it stops working today.

Regards

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 7:45 AM

Answers

• Open data source props and make sure that credentials are set to "Windows integrated security" or "Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source"
    Thursday, June 01, 2006 8:35 PM

All replies

• Further poking around etc showed me that there were a couple of setting adrift in the various places.

I am now at the point where I have got it to work, the only problem I now have is that unless I grant DomainName\Domain Users as sysadmin in the permissions for the database, I get an error similar to below when I try to go to

http://ServerName/Reports

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
    Query execution failed for data set 'srcqry_weeklydatadate'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
    For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

Now that query it is trying to run is a select query in the report that populates the first parameter box on the report selection criteria. What do I need to change in the report to prevent this from happening. I can't very well allow all and sundrey in as sysadmin for obvious reasons.

Regards

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 11:40 AM
  • Open data source props and make sure that credentials are set to "Windows integrated security" or "Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source"
    Thursday, June 01, 2006 8:35 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem. The credentials are set to "Windows integrated security".
    When i am accessing the report from “localhost” there is no problem. When i am trying to get to the report from another server this error occurs.
    Have you found a solution for this one?
    Has it something to do with the iis?

Thank you,
    Dan

Monday, August 17, 2009 8:58 AM