none
problem with data mining sql 2012 add ins excel 2013

Question

• the problem is give me error connection with server and ask me to enable sql browser and i check it and it run so what the solution ?
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:14 PM

Answers

• Have you ran Server Configuration Utility (available in the start menu, in the DM Add-ins folder)? Did all the actions complete successfully?

DM add-ins were written for Office 2007. There were no changes for Office 2010 or Office 2013. There are some issues when using DM add-ins with latest versions of Office (e.g. link). The issue that I reported is so annoying to me that I had to uninstall DM add-ins.

If you are looking for alternatives, you can look at the Predixion Insight (link). Predixion cloud service does not require you to have SQL Server (because it uses Predixion cloud). Predixion Insight is developed by the people who worked on DM add-ins at Microsoft several years ago. It supports latest versions of SQL and Office, integrates with PowerPivot and has many new or improved features (my favorite are PowerPivot integration, Predixion Workbench and new visualizations).

Tatyana Yakushev [PredixionSoftware.com]

Download Predixion Insight 3.0 - World class predictive platform for big data

Friday, May 24, 2013 11:58 PM