none
The specified module could not be found (Exception from HRESULT: 0X8007007E) (System.Windows.Forms)

Question

• I installed VS 2010 pro,  sp1 and sql server 2012 developer.
    when I try to open the DSV of an Analysis Services project in VS2010 (Premium edition) I get the following error:

The specified module could not be found (Exception from HRESULT: 0X8007007E) (System.Windows.Forms)

Trying to fix it,  I have I deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\Visual Database Tools and MSdesigner8, Reapplied VS and sp1, still got the same error while trying to load a DSV , if I contine to create a cube from the dsc, the VS will just shut off.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Saturday, November 17, 2012 4:43 PM

Answers

• Problem solved by cleaning up computer completely, including uninstall VSproweb, SSDT, and all instances on mssql server, then reinstall sqlserver 2012, for safety reason, I also deleted dsref80.dll. 

Hope this helps whoever experiencing it 

Saturday, November 17, 2012 6:30 PM

All replies

• Problem solved by cleaning up computer completely, including uninstall VSproweb, SSDT, and all instances on mssql server, then reinstall sqlserver 2012, for safety reason, I also deleted dsref80.dll. 

Hope this helps whoever experiencing it 

Saturday, November 17, 2012 6:30 PM
  • Hi lg999,

It seems your issue has been solved after cleaning up computer completely. Thanks for sharing us to deal with this issue. It is benefit for other community members who have similar problem with you.

Regards,

Bin Long

TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 19, 2012 7:00 AM